Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted

Except some lucky areas to see in excess of 10cm's even down to lower levels through this evening, overnight and throughout tomorrow. The way these showers are likely to form could bring this kind of accumulation even to lower levels- again, in those lucky spots.

Definitely a night to watch the radar.

Posted

Except some lucky areas to see in excess of 10cm's even down to lower levels through this evening, overnight and throughout tomorrow. The way these showers are likely to form could bring this kind of accumulation even to lower levels- again, in those lucky spots.

i would slightly edit your post and say for northern areas cant see much getting far south Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah Stockport! this setup is pants for my area, hope ECMWF is correct with this, 0r I think I will have seen my last snow for a few months

Posted

Winds far to westerly for anything here tonight, just as the winds turn perfect tommorow in come the mild uppers :lol:

ECM showing major snow event for this weekend however, GFS still saying a bit fat no.

Posted

Winds far to westerly for anything here tonight, just as the winds turn perfect tommorow in come the mild uppers :lol:

ECM showing major snow event for this weekend however, GFS still saying a bit fat no.

connor post a pic of ecm please? on phone and cant access atm, cheers

Posted

Recm1442.gif

Here's Sundays chart, snowfest!

Posted

yeah, showing similar to the great Fri 18th Jan, and will remain cold behind the snow, no where near excited yet mind you, UKMO is pants

Posted

I never like gibby's summaries, always plays down cold, and seems to like mild, even if it was -20 uppers with a beasterly, all he will say is rain and hill snow

Posted

I never like gibby's summaries, always plays down cold, and seems to like mild, even if it was -20 uppers with a beasterly, all he will say is rain and hill snow

You mean he's realistic. But doesn't always say what you want to hear. I think his summaries are excellent :)

Posted

You mean he's realistic. But doesn't always say what you want to hear. I think his summaries are excellent smile.png

Well that ECM summary is not realistic at all! a lot of posters I take note of, teits, GP steve, frosty etc but not gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Anyway a dusting of snow is likely on the Cotswolds, Malverns etc overnite....Worst case scenario covering of snow at low levels....Depends on the showers [evaporitive cooling] ......Anyway Fasinating model viewing in the next few days....clapping.gif

Posted

Just had a read of the model discussion thread. So confusing. After reading it I actually don't care what happens next week right now and may even leave it as late as Friday or Saturday before I bother looking again.

Squally showers to look forward to this week, of many different varieties. Sunshine too. It may not get as interesting as it could get around here this week but shouldn't be too dull either.

A few splats of rain during the last 20 minutes here.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Ppn bubbling up in wales now...

dosent excite me one bit, although thankful the rain is arriving at night, today was completely dry!

Posted

dosent excite me one bit, although thankful the rain is arriving at night, today was completely dry!

Was about to comment on it myself by saying that they won't be that interesting. Although a quick hitting squally shower is still a little exciting. Really can't see us getting anything that wintry over the next 12-24 hours but a few fast moving showers would be a bit of fun.

Posted

Ppn bubbling up in wales now...

Will be rain perhaps hail and sleet later. Unfortunately we look like being largely dry when it is cold enough for snow and wet when it is warm enough for rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Raining in stoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Will be rain perhaps hail and sleet later. Unfortunately we look like being largely dry when it is cold enough for snow and wet when it is warm enough for rain.

Was looking that way late last week. True NW'lys are becoming rarer than fabled easterlys. I don't know why it is but lows seem to be moving as such that favour W'ly winds just lately rather than NW'ly. That warmer pool of air is a right urine extraction too!