Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Well back to the model thread I go ever searching for the next snowmagedon, it's been emotional but worth every flake that came down :) 5.2 weeks of proper winter left guys hold on in there we'll have some more snow to talk about I'm sure :)

If any snow comes this way then I'll tell it off and send it in your direction.

Many thanks for your generosity. A Major snow event here last night and for most of the day.

A shame the thaw is coming Friday.

Edited by Jackone

Sam photos PLEASE!

Swansea going to be buried this evening!

Continuous light snow here at home trying to settle, temp 0.2c.

No traffic problems driving home north of Carmarthen - all the action has been east, south and west of there today!

Didn't even try to get home earlier, stayed around Morfa before game, Winter wonderland scene up here. Doesn't happen often, if I moan again this winter about snow, feel free to bring this up.

Probably about 4 inches on most surfaces, possibly 6-8 on cars.

Edited by Jackone

the snow that came today has caused terrible problems around the bridgend area, I have friends who said it took them 2 hrs to get home and norm takes 20 mins, i have also seen quite a few car slide backwards on the hill upto me, and had to leave their cars, quite a few crashes due to sheet ice around sarn park area, but worst of all I just heard a 5 yr old girl got killed down by litchard bridgend as a car lost control and hit her on the pavement. that is just terrible news and even though we all seem to love the white stuff it just goes to show that days like these can be very sad for some. and to be honest this afternoon was probs the least amount we had over the last few days but it does sound as if it froze down by sarn and bridgend. so sad RIP little girl

Indeed Very sad news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Moderate/heavy snow showers here!

Posted

Evening guys, attached two pictures, first one was taken earlier must still have around 4 inches+ here in North Cardiff. Second pic was from Friday. All in all a decent cold spell, only downside being the thawing inbetween because if this didn't happen we'd have alot more on the floor! Not as good as 2010 IMO but not far off.

post-8334-0-76169400-1358982384_thumb.jp

post-8334-0-53041500-1358982824_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Well what a day it's been for snow in Llanelli! Snowed pretty much from 5am right through to 8pm with some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen here! 2 inches has fallen, maybe not that much compared to some places but thats almost as good as it gets here! It took just over 2 years to get a decent snowfall event here but it finally came! :)

Posted

Hi, what a day. Just got back from Swansea, watching the game. Well done Swansea!!! Roads are fine now around Llanelli but no gritters have been around here. Roads still have plenty of snow in between the tramway lines. Love driving in the falling snow which was really heavy.

Just read about that little girl, so sad thoughts are with her family.

So seems like that's it for this part of Wales for now, though I didn't even know we were having any snow today so I'm happy I've had my fix of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Only very light snow here mate haha, these showers developed out of no where.

Ye they went a bit light afterwards but they have picked up again the showers that went over me developed in the B.Channel more coming looking at the radar, some intensifying too!

Posted

Just got back in from the game myself- great performance from the Swans.

Nuts getting there though- 2 and a half hours for journey that normally takes an hour...

Ended up avoiding crashed lorries, fallen trees and abandoned vehicles near Red Roses by plowing through the side roads above Pendine- solid 6" there, and the heaviest snow I've seen falling in West Wales for years.

Just goes to show even the professionals don't get it right all the time.

Posted

Just been in the model output thread, better than coronation street and eastenders. Lol

Oh yes got to love the MOT , better than any Drama on tv .

But if wasnt for all the drama then i would get so bored .

Glad those in the West who have missed out in the past have had their share.

Looks like it's back to normal Welsh winter weather from the weekend with lots of heavy rain and gales. Almost miss it, doesn't seem right here somehow if it's not raining lol. Though have enjoyed this snow and cold, a very good cold spell over all. Not much in the way of very low temperatures due to the almost constant cloud cover but a few ice days and loads of snow and has covered everything thick for over a week with a few top ups, couldn't ask for more really.

Hopefully we don't have to wait another two years to get a good snowfall though.

Posted

Hi Andy whats the forecast for the valleys tonight sofar you've been 100% spot on anymore white stuff coming

another blizzard will hit friday into saturday - the saturday into sunday one is up in the air right now - very marginal - cyrrently showing more rain than snow - but even this could possibly switch to snow too!

Posted

Oh yes got to love the MOT , better than any Drama on tv .

But if wasnt for all the drama then i would get so bored .

lol me too. makes for a brilliant entertaining evening

Posted

lol me too. makes for a brilliant entertaining evening

Sure do mate , btw snowing again here but very light and boring ... of to MOT ... TO READ SOME FUN .

Better than the VIZ mag to tell the truth .

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, January 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, January 24, 2013 - No reason given

the snow that came today has caused terrible problems around the bridgend area, I have friends who said it took them 2 hrs to get home and norm takes 20 mins, i have also seen quite a few car slide backwards on the hill upto me, and had to leave their cars, quite a few crashes due to sheet ice around sarn park area, but worst of all I just heard a 5 yr old girl got killed down by litchard bridgend as a car lost control and hit her on the pavement. that is just terrible news and even though we all seem to love the white stuff it just goes to show that days like these can be very sad for some. and to be honest this afternoon was probs the least amount we had over the last few days but it does sound as if it froze down by sarn and bridgend. so sad RIP little girl

i'm afraid that is very very sad - this is partly to do with the met offices timidness in giving out warnings - they need a new marketing dept to make sure the message is heard loud and clear that this brutal sort of weather is here or is gonna be here. plus, the stupid people who think they can continue on in the same way that they always have without thought for any one else - very selfish - STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS FOLKS - IT'S NOT CLEVER TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE AND KILL A PEDESTRIAN IS IT - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH THE CONDITIONS - BETTER STILL JUST STAY OUT OF YOUR CARSSSSSSSSSSSS! - POOR LITTLE GIRL - I FEEL FOR HER!mad.gif

Posted

Many thanks for your generosity. A Major snow event here last night and for most of the day.

A shame the thaw is coming Friday.

Maybe for you Friday but Eastern Wales will hang onto the cold and have another blizzard especially places like mine with elevation!

Posted

Just been in the model output thread, better than coronation street and eastenders. Lol

don't bother with place any more - to busy to - plus i know what's happening without arguing with the rest of the weather guys from up and down the uk

Posted

don't bother with place any more - to busy to - plus i know what's happening without arguing with the rest of the weather guys from up and down the uk

Same here , Mild blip and a good cold snap again with lots of snow with blizzards ... roll on Febuary .

Febuary will make January on the mild side , more to come .

Posted

i'm afraid that is very very sad - this is partly to do with the met offices timidness in giving out warnings - they need a new marketing dept to make sure the message is heard loud and clear that this brutal sort of weather is here or is gonna be here. plus, the stupid people who think they can continue on in the same way that they always have without thought for any one else - very selfish - STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS FOLKS - IT'S NOT CLEVER TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE AND KILL A PEDESTRIAN IS IT - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH THE CONDITIONS - BETTER STILL JUST STAY OUT OF YOUR CARSSSSSSSSSSSS! - POOR LITTLE GIRL - I FEEL FOR HER!mad.gif

Ive got winter tyres on the car and as long as ive got ground clearance i can go anywhere,braking is awesome and i believe in this weather they should be mandatory, however in any condition a car can be dangerous i just think theres enough idiots on the road as it is and you still see them in the snow/ice driving as if there in the F1

Posted

i was just reading about that very sad news

I just read this is not true very sad that people make things like this up but pleased its not true