Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Are those showers ove southamton progged to head towards the cardiff area then??

Great couple of hours in Bridgend Moderate snow has given us a brand new 2 inch covering which makes up for the slushfest yesterday in this area

No idea - hopecasting!! Probably won't be worth anything even if it does head our way, but who knows - today has shown, if nothing else, that the weather is very difficult to predict. Watching the radar beats doing the washing up at least!

Ignore WUM

What's a WUM TonyH?

Posted

Ignore WUM

My point being , that this really could be the last snow this winter with what is forecast , so make the most of it .

Last snow - meaning last meaningful snow event that sticks , lies and builds up to a few inches and is still there the next day around the s Wales coastal areas .

Not trying to wind up for once .... ( boy who cried wolf and all that ... Jeeeesus )

Of course it can snow feb march and April , and I hope GP is right .

I think of it ,as this could be it till December or next year so enjoying it to the full .

However I now have to wait 11 months to show you what I meant . Lol

Posted

Look to the S East may see the rare thunder snow later Absolutely hammering down again.

Looks a very narrow band though ..... Now thunder snow !That would just put the cherry on top !

Posted

No idea - hopecasting!! Probably won't be worth anything even if it does head our way, but who knows - today has shown, if nothing else, that the weather is very difficult to predict. Watching the radar beats doing the washing up at least!

What's a WUM TonyH?

I see the showers heading in Cardiff direction they look beefy.

Posted

FIVE FOOT DRIFTS+ help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

your alive andy! helis grounded at moment for time being! good to hear from you. what are roads like by you andy? any chance possibly of photos? Edited by worldairgroup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

really starting to break up now, another 30mins and we will be dry

Posted

really starting to break up now, another 30mins and we will be dry

The lamposts have more than delivered this winter.

Takes them many months, often years to rear there baby snow flakes into fully fledged flakes ready to leave the amber warmth of the high pressure sodium nest.

The street lamps in lowland and coastal areas are fine specimens, and will only release their seed when and only when,all external temperature/dewpoint etc ,conditions are met.

Street lamps higher up in the valleys and highland areas are much hardier robust but often brutal beings, they release their seed much quicker than the lowlanders ,and occasonally release with such ferocity that the local human inhabitants become imobile after being heavily coated in said seed.

I think Swansea now deserves one lampost to be painted gold just like in the olympics, and perhaps other towns and cities would nominate a specific lamp post for this grand accolade also.

A golden lampost will generate a feel good factor in the local community and may help avoid a triple dip recession,were this feel good factor to go viral.

A flap of a butterflys wing in Brazil can make the difference between full on Atlantic insurgence or Atlantic held at bay..., so just think amongst yourselves ....what could a golden lampost achieve??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

What does the radar look like for swansea now? Im on mobile and cant access radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Really hoping the showers now entering the bristol channel head towards Pembs. About time we had some snow here in HWest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yep moderate snow here, nothing on radar though :)

Posted

still going here, was light but increased a little now.

What would you rather Jay....... Cardiff in the premier league or a winter like 47 or 63 ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

can someone post the radar link please

Netweather:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Raintoday:

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Which is best - raintoday looks to be bringing more PPN my way, so I prefer raintoday today

Posted

Premier league haha.

Ok , but like anyone, i think you can be bought off......

A winter worse than either 63 or 47 or Cardiff in the premier league??

If still no, then name your price in weather?