Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

What does the radar look like for swansea now? Im on mobile and cant access radar.

Still some heavy ones coming our way in a few hrs.Moderate snow still falling been snowing for 4hrs now. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Had to show this our happiness well turn to sadness as our snow melts away Unsettled with a spell of snow on Friday, turning to sleet and rain through the day. Less cold on Saturday but largely dry. Wet and very windy on Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Today has been brilliant! It was snowing lightly this morning at 5am, with a slight covering on cars. By 8am the snow had become heavy and by half 9 in the morning it was sticking. We've virtually had heavy snow all day here since. Fantastic. As a 21 year old it's some of the most consistently heavy snow I have seen. It's died off now but we'll hopefully have one or two more showers.

Oops accidentally posted it in the West Midlands thread! :doh:

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and snow

Today has been brilliant! It was snowing lightly this morning at 5am, with a slight covering on cars. By 8am the snow had become heavy and by half 9 in the morning it was sticking. We've virtually had heavy snow all day here since. Fantastic. As a 21 year old it's some of the most consistently heavy snow I have seen. It's died off now but we'll hopefully have one or two more showers.

Oops accidentally posted it in the West Midlands thread! :doh:

same here and the snow has stopped it's been brill

Posted

Had to show this our happiness well turn to sadness as our snow melts away Unsettled with a spell of snow on Friday, turning to sleet and rain through the day. Less cold on Saturday but largely dry. Wet and very windy on Sunday.

Only a few weeks , often just a few days each winter the regional forum really bursts into life, but soon we will just access the model discussion thread now and again chasing deep FI until the first real warmth of the spring fades the memory of the winter.

Slight lump in my throat , but this evening may be the last time for some time that this forum is really alive.

Its been a bumpy road but we got there in the end, i guess this is almost goodbye for now

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Really hoping the showers now entering the bristol channel head towards Pembs. About time we had some snow here in HWest.

You've had more than me just outside of Milfordhelp.gif

woody

Posted

Another light dusting here this evening, for the umpteenth time in the last couple of weeks; just one significant snow event here (last Fri), but lots of dustings. Makes sense seeing as how we have drizzle most the year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

You've had more than me just outside of Milfordhelp.gif

woody

Yes i feel even more sorry for you. At least us in Hwest had snow for a time last friday. I heard that the south of the county did not have anything. Oh well, lets hope for a Greenland High and a northerly as we progress through Feb. Our best chance of snow comes from this setup I feel and longer range models certainly starting to hint at such developments. Watch GFS ens and ops start to show height rises to our NW in the coming days and ECM tonight also started to hint at heights rising to the north west.

Posted

Oops accidentally posted it in the West Midlands thread! doh.gif

Todays weather has been brilliant i must agree, plus the forum has been active and its almost usual self, yet it just lacks that real star quality , .....you know, its just not the same without Andy music rampaging through this forum with his charts and analysis....Andy forecast this all on his own before anyone else with no assistance....we all enjoy the fruits of Andys forecast yet Andy himself isnt here or is restricted in some way.

Full posting rights for Andy!!

We want full posting rights for Andy

................the snow has stopped ! cold shiver runs down spine as that may be it !

Posted

What's the deal with the small low pressure in the English Channel ? Could it be of interest to Wales ? :)

Crikey I'm like an addict, I've had a taste of the white stuff and I want more more more ;) ;) ;)

Posted

Not sure why everyone seems to be so pessimistic about the remaining winter prospect,surely we have at least another 6 weeks plus in prospect, far too early to give in yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

What's the deal with the small low pressure in the English Channel ? Could it be of interest to Wales ? smile.png

Crikey I'm like an addict, I've had a taste of the white stuff and I want more more more tease.giftease.giftease.gif

That will give sleet and rain showers to coastal areas of SW england tonight, lasting into the morning before dying out

Posted

Not sure why everyone seems to be so pessimistic about the remaining winter prospect,surely we have at least another 6 weeks plus in prospect, far too early to give in yet.

Partly my fault.

Its not over by a long way, but going by a law of averages , the current forecast , the time of year, you could say that this evenings snowfall may just be the last meaningful event.

Hope im wrong !, but its what makes me enjoy each event fully like it may be the last, just a mindset thats all.

I said it jokingly at the end of Dec 2010 but it came true for my area anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

No more showers coming this way then? still cant get on radar? no matter how much snow you get its never enough lol.

Edited by Gavla

Posted

No more showers coming this way then? still cant get on radar? no matter how much snow you get its never enough lol.

Think thats it Gavla, thats it for our area anyway for the next week or so at least.

However i shall be up Pen Y Fan saturday morning ,just hope it wont be heavy rain all the way, and that there is still a snow shower on the peak perhaps.

Would guess there must be 18 inch to 2 foot up there now.

Posted

the snow that came today has caused terrible problems around the bridgend area, I have friends who said it took them 2 hrs to get home and norm takes 20 mins, i have also seen quite a few car slide backwards on the hill upto me, and had to leave their cars, quite a few crashes due to sheet ice around sarn park area and apparently the little girl incident was not true some sick people about making up things like that.

Edited by welshwizard

Posted

the snow that came today has caused terrible problems around the bridgend area, I have friends who said it took them 2 hrs to get home and norm takes 20 mins, i have also seen quite a few car slide backwards on the hill upto me, and had to leave their cars, quite a few crashes due to sheet ice around sarn park area, but worst of all I just heard a 5 yr old girl got killed down by litchard bridgend as a car lost control and hit her on the pavement. that is just terrible news and even though we all seem to love the white stuff it just goes to show that days like these can be very sad for some. and to be honest this afternoon was probs the least amount we had over the last few days but it does sound as if it froze down by sarn and bridgend. so sad RIP little girl

i was just reading about that very sad news

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Those showers over Wells seem to be coming our way, hope they intensify as they do!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yes some yellows now appearing in the showers just north of Wells, and they are moving west, hopefully they cross over us!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis