Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Plenty more to come for Swansea for sure, not so sure about up here let's hope, is the precip traveling North West?

Posted

Yellow and reds in streamer heavier bursts of snow,

According to rain today the heaviest precip n of Exeter is at a rate of 20-30 mm / hour .

Now just 15 mins of that would give 5-7.5 mm or 2-3 inches in 15 mins ... Unlikely but will see ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Not by me!

Losing it's zap inland now, big holes appearing, just when it was getting interesting.

I'm keeping an eye out Tony...something tells me this has only just begun...that intense shower over Exeter at the moment if that makes it to the ocean,,,it will spread rapidly

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I'm keeping an eye out Tony...something tells me this has only just begun...that intense shower over Exeter at the moment if that makes it to the ocean,,,it will spread rapidly

Although there was no sun today, seems to be a diurnal effect at play, as with convection, when showers die away inland after sunset.

Posted

Wow heaviest i have seen it this winter up here now (Swansea Penlan area).As someone said before snow flakes like 50ps.smiliz39.gif Will the game go on now i hope so.

Posted

Although there was no sun today, seems to be a diurnal effect at play, as with convection, when showers die away inland after sunset.

I agree...just hoping to get one more lot.....but I expect more will come in the near future :)

Posted

Wow heaviest i have seen it this winter up here now (Swansea Penlan area).As someone said before snow flakes like 50ps.smiliz39.gif Will the game go on now i hope so.

Another 5cm expected that Ian Furgesson said the met have extended warning to midnight. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Slackened here also, hope that doesnt mean that they loose intensity by the time they cross Mynydd y Gwair/baram into the Amman Valley, that will be annoying.

Posted

That streamer wafts around just a little , west to east and east to west , ...suspect there will be gaps and no snow periods shortly ,or a streamer of miniscule width whereby next door will get hammered whilst you remain dry .

The last snow of winter .... How long can it hang on ... Watching every last flake fall and savouring the moment , as it could be another 2 years until the next fall , maybe longer .

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

That streamer wafts around just a little , west to east and east to west , ...suspect there will be gaps and no snow periods shortly ,or a streamer of miniscule width whereby next door will get hammered whilst you remain dry .

The last snow of winter .... How long can it hang on ... Watching every last flake fall and savouring the moment , as it could be another 2 years until the next fall , maybe longer .

Ah.... you have a crystal ball. What a wonderful bit of nonsensical input to a thread that was.

JK

Posted

If you had said that 5 years ago I could well have believed you but winters seem to returning to the ways of old and we have had a couple of decent falls each year, still you never know so best to savour!!!

Posted

How can people talk of the last snow of Winter when it's bl''''dy January? Give me strenght.

Posted

What is that system building up near jersey and France. The streamer appears to be moving west. While cut off from where it starts. Instead being replaced with a swirling system that maybe heading up to us. While over the Irish sea cloud is dispersing. Anybody know that is going on because this seems to be unexpected...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

streamer seems more broken and patchy last hour still giving some heavy snow showers though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

More showers appearing around Southampton - they look to have name on them!! Still plenty of winter left - what are some on about - the end of winter my a**e.

Feb and March (and even April sometimes) often deliver. A brief return to mild seems likely, but longer term we have plenty of time for more cold (and hopefully snowy) weather.

Keep the faith folks- it's not over til...... (complete with your own choice of endings).

Posted

Pelting down here again but looks like after this lot it may fizzle out in the Carmarthen area, although the north westward movement of the band over Exeter is interesting.

Temp is now 0.1c

What a fascinating and pleasantly surprising day's weather. :)

Edited by Buzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The streamer will begin to fade slowly as the low that has passed starts to move away to our south east. This is why we had an increase in shower activity/size through today but now this low is moving away, showers may still be heavy but less organised than earlier.

Posted

Ah.... you have a crystal ball. What a wonderful bit of nonsensical input to a thread that was.

JK

Not exactly a crystal ball crackpot dear petal.

I spent three winters learning from the master of weather ,the one , the only ....,Andy Music .

However talk of no snow for two years ,and having other ideas during my time at the Andy music weather school, ultimately led to failure .

It's why I'm a lowly lowlander and Andy is up there with the gods at 2500 cm in altitude .

Fine flakes here now , petering out .....?

Posted

More showers appearing around Southampton - they look to have name on them!! Still plenty of winter left - what are some on about - the end of winter my a**e.

Feb and March (and even April sometimes) often deliver. A brief return to mild seems likely, but longer term we have plenty of time for more cold (and hopefully snowy) weather.

Keep the faith folks- it's not over til...... (complete with your own choice of endings).

Are those showers ove southamton progged to head towards the cardiff area then??

Great couple of hours in Bridgend Moderate snow has given us a brand new 2 inch covering which makes up for the slushfest yesterday in this area

Posted

How can people talk of the last snow of Winter when it's bl''''dy January? Give me strenght.

Ignore WUM

Posted

Not exactly a crystal ball crackpot dear petal.

I spent three winters learning from the master of weather ,the one , the only ....,Andy Music .

However talk of no snow for two years ,and having other ideas during my time at the Andy music weather school, ultimately led to failure .

It's why I'm a lowly lowlander and Andy is up there with the gods at 2500 cm in altitude .

Fine flakes here now , petering out .....?

Look to the S East may see the rare thunder snow later Absolutely hammering down again. Edited by keithlucky