Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted

I guess if we do get a break in Bristol what has fallen will freeze before the copious amounts we get later clapping.gif Edt: Ian fergusson twitter just said heaviest snow currently M5 corridor somerset across in to uplands West Somerset. snow will ease soon in B&NES & Bristol. More possible later.

It's eased already here....and i hear the dreaded drip drip drip!

Some were saying on here earlier today that tonite could eclipse last Friday - no chance for this part of our region.

But the Somerset posse look like they're in the 'sweet spot' - plus cotswolds - enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

M5/A361 corridor from say Axminster to Wells looks dreadful on radar, heavy, heavy ppn that's not moving anywhere in a hurry, if it's falling as snow then my advice is don't venture out by car/motorised transport, as driving conditions will be horrendous

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Still snowing lightly here in Wellington.Roads shut all over the place in Somerset.According to bbc weather snow due to keeping going until 5am.Earlier in the day it had showed it fizzling out in the early hours.Be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Posted

And its heaving (for want of a better adjective) it down here ! blum.gif

Just luving it (hmm - I can smell a big mac coming up)

White out conditions now - so god knows what its like up in them thar hills !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

p.s. We are spoilt here !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards of Dry Powdery Snow

Good luck to everyone who is experiencing the magic of the white stuff this evening.

Unfortunately, it just isn't happening here. Still rain.

I think I'll sign off now until we get another bite of the cherry (hopefully) in February.

Take care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's eased off here now, hubby still not made it home, in fact hasn't even got as far as the A37 yet - total gridlock. Here's a couple of dodgy pics I've just taken in the garden, as you can see, we've had a nice top up to what was still laying. post-6280-0-95100600-1358884991_thumb.jppost-6280-0-56944200-1358885040_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Crazy snow here in South Somerset had about 2-3 inches in just under 2 hours, caused gridlock on the local roads and still falling.

Whereabouts in south somerset snowylad? Sorry just like to know whats happening around this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well, Has a nice 1/2 cm covering here.

Lovely big flakes. Looks like the best if over for here soon. So

TY for teh snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The heaviest it's been all night, absoulute mayhem !)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

And its heaving (for want of a better adjective) it down here ! blum.gif

Just luving it (hmm - I can smell a big mac coming up)

White out conditions now - so god knows what its like up in them thar hills !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley - low down)

p.s. We are spoilt here !

Well.......I actually ventured out with the dog about 7.15, I'm at 70 meters asl, live on Rodborough hill at the bottom, conditions in the garden at that time were, falling snow, just about settling. But as I walked up the hill to about 150 meters it was a winter wonderland, a good blanket of an inch or more, cars struggling!

But as I walked back down about 30 mins later I saw the freezing line had dropped and now my gardenand all surrounding surfaces, including the roads were white, brilliant! All snow now settling!.

Posted

The heaviest it's been all night, absoulute mayhem !)

Staying with friends in Whitestaunton in the hills above Chard. Just taken 2.5 hours to go about 12 miles. Absolutely throwing it down and has been for about 4 hours. Far worse than Friday's event. Chard also seems to be getting a good pasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Have to say I'm a bit gutted so far.. All around wells there is chaos, it's chucking down here but not exactly settling readily. On cars yes, and pavements it just looks like slush. Is it really going to last until the early hours? I'm off to do a radar check...