Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

I guess so but a happy fun one for those that have had lots of snow...continually...whilst parts of Devon and Cornwall have hardly seen a flake...I just don't think it's been cold enough )entrenched cold) in the peninsula whilst places that have more elevation like Dartmoor, Tiverton, cullompton etc have more elevation...just goes to show it really has been pot luck and elevation...we've been on knifes edge all winter so I can't help feel very very disappointed

Exeter has a good chance tonight, Newton Abbot looking worse.

Posted

Could be epic this... very much like friday.. heavy snow.. doubted Friday would settle did.. had about 8 inches . doubted this.. but its like proving me wrong.. and on the pivot.. No lighty no likey...Keeps light on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm guessing we've had a top up of between a half inch to an inch now but I ain't going out to check. rofl.gif

AT 0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yeah, did notice that.... but loads of PPN still to come our way throughout the night :-)

Not much of a pivot going on we could be out of heavy ppn soon doh.gif

Posted

Can hear a few drips outside my window so confirms my earlier report of high water content in the snow.

Is it meant to dip below zero celsius tonite?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Exeter has a good chance tonight, Newton Abbot looking worse.

Nah it's over for us now and even if we had a proper snow shower which i doubt it would never settle here...there's still February though and there's the Atlantic storm brewing for next week, hopefully it won't swipe the north of the uk...I don't like 'meh' weather

Posted

Hate being a debby downer, but I can't see this amounting to much (IMBY anyway) I've had a good hour of heavy snow, and there's still only a dusting on the grass (looks about 0.5cm) Going by the Radar we've seen the heaviest of it aswell. There's just too much water content, it's really slushy.

Still nice to see heavy snow falling though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Back to rain here. Quite happy with the unusual weather though, that's what makes me an all-rounder.

The bottom of Corfe Castle flooded again, heavy rain (20mm now) and snow melt.

post-15177-0-06980000-1358880639_thumb.j

Posted

Can hear a few drips outside my window so confirms my earlier report of high water content in the snow.

Is it meant to dip below zero celsius tonite?

GFS 12z showing max 0c tonight from 21:00

Posted

Not much of a pivot going on we could be out of heavy ppn soon doh.gif

Seems to be a few breaks in it, from what i can see on radar - and temps seem to have risen a degree

Posted

Hate being a debby downer, but I can't see this amounting to much (IMBY anyway) I've had a good hour of heavy snow, and there's still only a dusting on the grass (looks about 0.5cm) Going by the Radar we've seen the heaviest of it aswell. There's just too much water content, it's really slushy.

Still nice to see heavy snow falling though smile.png

Have to agree - not much accumulating considering how heavy it's been and the ppn looks to be on the wane after another hour or so unless something dramatic happens.

Posted

Ian's radar picture just now showing gaps and less intensity - heaviest stuff seems to be clearing.

Air to get colder though but snow fading away later in night.

But cotswolds and mendips still look good for snow thru the night.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Very bad weather conditions for driving.I spun driving home.Not nice.Please take care out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

If anyone is venturing out around here, have a look at this first: http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/somerset It really is a bit bonkers around here at the mo.

Posted

Back to rain here. Quite happy with the unusual weather though, that's what makes me an all-rounder.

The bottom of Corfe Castle flooded again, heavy rain (20mm now) and snow melt.

post-15177-0-06980000-1358880639_thumb.j

And South Today even had Wareham on the weather map tonight too good.gif