Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Part of me can't wait for Devon and Cornwall to get a shed load of snow and no other counties, I'm soooo going to gloat mwah ha ha ha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I live in Evercreech (2.5 mls from Shepton) and it is awful here and i can well believe how bad it is,long Hill will be tough!!!

From what hubby said it's already blocked with folk not able to move up or down, if this keeps up, I imagine they'll shut it. Paul's hoping to at least get as far as the A37 then he can skip across it and go the back lanes to home, via Stoke St Michael - he's got a Discovery so at least he won't get stuck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen here now! Absolutely chucking it down! A beautiful sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Where the hell are the GRITTERS!! Roads are really bad. Come on guys get out there!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

I think a lot of folk are abandoning their cars, it's carnage out there.

OH GOD!!! If this keeps up,then it will be like the day after tomorrow!!!!

Posted

OH GOD!!! If this keeps up,then it will be like the day after tomorrow!!!!

Bring it on!!!!

Posted

From what hubby said it's already blocked with folk not able to move up or down, if this keeps up, I imagine they'll shut it. Paul's hoping to at least get as far as the A37 then he can skip across it and go the back lanes to home, via Stoke St Michael - he's got a Discovery so at least he won't get stuck.

Good call. Narrow but better in a 4x4. Wishing him luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Part of me can't wait for Devon and Cornwall to get a shed load of snow and no other counties, I'm soooo going to gloat mwah ha ha ha!

Off to the naughty step and go read out your lines. g015.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I'm still on the moderately heavy stuff, still good and heavy but I want them massive flakes !! Moving north all the time so only a matter of time!!

Posted

Bring it on!!!!

I would like my son home first,then it can do it's worst......doing a good job atm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

So, any ideas how long this is going to last? An hour or two or longer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Still no snow :-(

Go away rain. We can't cope with anymore.

Posted

I would like my son home first,then it can do it's worst......doing a good job atm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby's got a disco, I've got a Defender, if you can't get him home, PM me, one of us will manage it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

I think you should look at the radar again , your exaggerating so much there, it's an intense area of snow , it wouldn't go anywhere as it is at the minute until midnight at least, it has lost a bit of intensity , but still reds , greens , yellows in there , it will wax and wane a little , but it's a very snowy night , and some places will get over 20cm

I hope you are right. On the radar I keep seeing a hole appearing just over Hampshire! I'm assuming the met office think that the band will keep pepping up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Much better bbc graphics , snowing well until 2am by the looks of things !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

9 to 12 hours if not more?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Some of those flakes earlier were like large pieces of foam you get from the sea in a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Awesome weather, on way home from work, missus calls me, ome pick me up with, has our 3yr old son with her. Drive down in to frome, park up and let air out of tyres bar a little bit and drove back up north parade as bath st to steep, phew we made it back alright and lovely big snow flakes still chcuking it down must be 1 1/2 inch deep i reckon or more.

post-13809-0-70820200-1358879496_thumb.j

post-13809-0-95080300-1358879512_thumb.j

Edited by offerman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Just be a memory in couple of days,

Posted

Anyone noticing if Met Office forecasts are accurate tonight or is it about nowcasting? Also the warning just just misses me.

Not IMBY. I'm supposed to have heavy rain right now, with sleet by midnight- but I've had moderate snow for at least an hour! Yippee!

(please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me..please don't change to spite me...please don't change to spite me....)

Posted

Are you for reall mate? Have you not been following this ? Have a look at the radar! 2or 3am is my guess, hence the potential for massive falls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well I came home looking like a snowman so I'm happy. Started light but got heavier and now its chucking it down with heavy chunky snowfalkes. COOL! Everything is white, once again. Not a bad cold spell this after all. The snowiest I've experienced in Bristol since I moved here and that was 2003!