Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's absolutely yacking down here.

If there's anyone local who's planning on going anywhere near Shepton Mallet via A37 or A3139 - CHANGE YOUR ROUTE! Hubby's just rung, he's been trying to get out of Shepton for the last half an hour, every way in and out is blocked solid with traffic, most of which is stuck, cars spinning around all over the place, nothing getting up the hills out of town or on the main roads.

Posted

Steady light snow now falling and settling here in Charlton Kings Cheltenham. good.gif

Coming down lightly on the west side of Cheltenham too now. Not enough yet to tell if it will settle.

Posted

If there's anyone local who's planning on going anywhere near Shepton Mallet via A37 or A3139 - CHANGE YOUR ROUTE! Hubby's just rung, he's been trying to get out of Shepton for the last half an hour, every way in and out is blocked solid with traffic, most of which is stuck, cars spinning around all over the place, nothing getting up the hills out of town or on the main roads.

Hi Jethro - just to follow this up, seen the following tweet from Ian F

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

"@MrsSchust: @fergieweather @Bagpusspostgate Yes true, My husband is stuck on A37 & abandoned his car! A long trek home!"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Here it comes, heavy fine snow falling. Thought it was rain at first!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

I live in Evercreech (2.5 mls from Shepton) and it is awful here and i can well believe how bad it is,long Hill will be tough!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Coming down lightly on the west side of Cheltenham too now. Not enough yet to tell if it will settle.

Welcome to NW Russsmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

A dreadful day on the iow.not happy all this heavy rain falling as snow elsewhere.bring on the summer :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Moderate to heavy snow falling from Filton, through m4/m5 almondsbury interchange and up the a38 northwards to my hometown. It is slowly settling, but not on the road at this time. Treachorous driving through it though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hooray train on time and I am on my way home! Wonder what will lay in wait for me when I get to Newbury! Left as GTLTW suggested I ought to and I did warn a few colleagues that they ought to think about moving those that were driving . Some just laughed at me.... However when I left the office at 1730 and it started to snow I did hear one colleague who was driving and normally stays late stay "hmm think I will make a move" ... Good old southwest and south central thread.. We may have prevented one long arduous journey home for at least one person... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Surprised you've not got anything yet. I'm only about 1-2 miles from Abbeymead. I'm near Finlay road.

You obviously got it first, we have it now :-)

Posted

but to be honest it is snowing modrately now no sleet perhaps its wet snow to be honest not likely to get a covering as wet surface. but nice to see.

Where in Portsmouth are you? As it's nothing but rain in Southsea.

Posted

Welcome to NW Russsmile.png

Thanks. This weather's been fascinating over the last 4 or 5 days and the information here has been excellent good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Anyone noticing if Met Office forecasts are accurate tonight or is it about nowcasting? Also the warning just just misses me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

More rain than snow now. Temp now 0.5c Is it due to turn back to snow tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow & Thunderstorms

Snow is back with a vengeance here, settling nicely as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Sorry to pester Ian but does he/metoffice think that this band will stall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Hi Jethro - just to follow this up, seen the following tweet from Ian F

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

"@MrsSchust: @fergieweather @Bagpusspostgate Yes true, My husband is stuck on A37 & abandoned his car! A long trek home!"

I think a lot of folk are abandoning their cars, it's carnage out there.