Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hooray for trains getting me home in time... got back to this... Heavy snow. Settling although a little wet. I need to keep setting off the security light which must be annoying for my neighbour ! Lol.. But I can't help it it is so hypnotic to watch!

post-2094-0-85170300-1358882302_thumb.jp

Posted

Ha ha, as if by magic, we turn 7 o'clock and vast parts of the radars start turning PINK. air_kiss.gif

Do u reckon it's pepping up again? Guess that'll be heading up to cotswolds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Ha ha, as if by magic, we turn 7 o'clock and vast parts of the radars start turning PINK. air_kiss.gif

Radar has shown green over Bristol the whole time but infact its snowing! Bring on the pink!

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Some sizeable flakes falling here in Henley on Thames now (after a little rain earlier) but not currently settling! Had thought we were too far north as the front pivoted round, but excited to see these 'burst feather pillow' goodies tumbling from the skies! Whoo hoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Radar has shown green over Bristol the whole time but infact its snowing! Bring on the pink!

Yes the green has been showing as wet snow/sleet because that was pretty much what it was.

My DP went sub-freezing at approx. 6 o'clock and the snow immediately started settling on all surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I dont need a thermostat to tell me the temperatures have dropped over last hour, snow lighter but more icey and settling.

Posted

Yes the green has been showing as wet snow/sleet because that was pretty much what it was.

My DP went sub-freezing at approx. 6 o'clock and the snow immediately started settling on all surfaces.

Oh I see. Thanks

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Do u reckon it's pepping up again? Guess that'll be heading up to cotswolds

Not sure about pepping up but the radar will turn PINK in general, in front of your very eyes as soon as your Temps go sub-freezing and so too, your DPs.

We well, your area, more especially looks like getting a fair few CMs yet I would say.

I guess, we've had an inch or so so far which has settled.

post-7183-0-39103300-1358882872_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Still snowing here with temperatures now at 0.5c. Looking at the radar, more appears to be developing towards Selsey Bill!

SM

Posted

I know I shouldn't do this really but maybe it will entice more of you to purchase the great netweather radar subscription.

post-15744-0-91935800-1358882699_thumb.j

Edited by Karl83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Temp 1.5c and dew point of 1c. Still pouring with rain.

Posted

Not sure about pepping up but the radar will turn PINK in general, in front of your very eyes once your Temps go sub-freezing and so too, your DPs.

We well, your area, more especially looks like getting a fair few CMs yet I would say.

I guess, we've had an inch or so so far.

Temps are -0.5 here btw GTLTW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Graphics on both the main and local news seemed very out of date, had rain for my area but roads already struggling. Surely it doesn't take much to have a quick glance at the radar or forums like this for a nowcast. If you'd seen our local weather you'd think it's ok to drive but the higher routes are treacherous

Edit: just seen the precip radar someone just posted showing rain for here but fat flakes falling at the moment so I'll let the forecasters off this time!!

Edited by microclimate

Posted

I know I shouldn't do this really but maybe it will entice more of you to purchase the great netweather radar subscription.

post-15744-0-91935800-1358882699_thumb.j

Thanks for the cheeky pic ;) strange, it shows sleet over me, but it's very clearly snowing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Anyone else noticed that the wind has picked up? A few gusts out there. I also have had a report from someone on Facebook to say avoid the route through the downs and (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockham Hill..is that Surrey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards of Dry Powdery Snow

Raining here. It sucks being on the wrong side of marginal. Not impressed lazy.gif

Posted

Feeling very worried and annoyed, been on here all afternoon and told my hubby to leave work in Beckington early, he ignored me and is now stuck on the A37 at Temple Cloud... we live in Whitchurch. Starting to wonder if he will get home at all tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

flakes about 2'' diameter and comming down hard here, a good 3'' fallen in 2 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Rain has finally stopped here. Probably start again shortly though. Haha would be lovely to see a few flakes this year, maybe even 2cm, I'm easily pleased.