Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z------------->

A.J

Posted

Nothing falling from the sky at the moment, temperature is balanced around 0.9c dew point around -1.3c. Awaiting the next PPN band!

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Talk about a NOWCAST. rofl.gif

The AT remains constant at 0.8c and the DP is still 0.2c BUT the SNOW is now settling readily on car roofs and windscreen.

I expect most of us, especially away from the immediate coastline, to now see a topup of snowfalls over the coming hours.

GAME ON.

Posted

Snow getting heavier here not starting to settle yet as the ground is to wet another couple of hours and it should start to. Be careful if you are driving home from work soon!

Posted

Can anybody confirm why the Air Pressure is rising?

It is IMBY at least. cray.gif

I guess because the LOW to the South is filling though sending its' front North over us and HIGH to the East edging this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Been snowing for two hours in Crewkerne, first heavy wet flakes now heavy and settled. Roads covered and exceptionally slippery even main roads where the grit has washed away.

Welcome aboard bubbs.

Could you kindly update your profile to show your location.

This will help assist the MetO and affiliated members, accurately judge the current situation. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The heavy stuff isn't meant to get here for a couple of hours yet. Hopefully by then, it will be close to or below freezing. biggrin.png

Huge change on the forecast for here. Now 6 hours of heavy snow with snow all days tomorrow!

Is that on the met office ?? Iv had a look it seems really poor to me , hasn't been updated I think.

Posted

I guess because the LOW to the South is filling though sending its' front North over us and HIGH to the East edging this way.

Thanks, I believe you are indeed correct.

I checked the latest model output and you can see the low slowly drifting Eastwards over France. hi.gif

Posted

BBC weather is awful got me down for sleet all night, pretty much got over a cm so far in a couple of hours

oh and Met office.

Edited by 124alex

Posted

Anymore heavy stuff to come?

Ever thought of checking the radar alex. blum.gif

YES is the short answer. good.gif

Posted

Is that on the met office ?? Iv had a look it seems really poor to me , hasn't been updated I think.

Seems poor to me aswell, as I said earlier, predicting sleet all night, which has already been proven wrong!

Posted

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Iv seen others have said the heavier snow is still to come, Im just wondering if what we are getting here in Axminster is going to carry on, get heavier or if this is it?

ah I see that question has been asked and answered! I dont have net weather radar are there any free ones that anyone could recommend?

Edited by sherrie