Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 23rd January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Lol i was born at Boundary park, the hospital lol not latics football ground! Grew up in Shaw, moved to Royton then 1991 moved over to leyland, been to north yorkshire, then wigan lol then south yorkshire back to leyland!! Oops sorry didnt mean to jump into your post, just weird reading about oldham, my grandad lived at Grotton.

one of the stands at the stadium got a bit grotton and has since vanished.

and the snow is back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Lol i was born at Boundary park, the hospital lol not latics football ground! Grew up in Shaw, moved to Royton then 1991 moved over to leyland, been to north yorkshire, then wigan lol then south yorkshire back to leyland!! Oops sorry didnt mean to jump into your post, just weird reading about oldham, my grandad lived at Grotton.

Hehe, also born in Boundary Park ... And lived in Grotton for a bit; nothing's changed in the last 50 years in Grotton except the pub's been converted to a co op. :/

Sleet/rain mix here now but hard to tell .. may be wet snow. Certainly will be tapering between the three types until the precipitation eases around 4am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Hehe, also born in Boundary Park ... And lived in Grotton for a bit; nothing's changed in the last 50 years in Grotton except the pub's been converted to a co op. :/

Sleet/rain mix here now but hard to tell .. may be wet snow. Certainly will be tapering between the three types until the precipitation eases around 4am

Lol at nothings changed! Inoticed there were a tescos at uppermill lol on one of our long journeys over the tops from Barnsley when we lived there 8 months ago. My grandad used to live down that dip as your climbing up Lees or something, the road just suddenly goes steep right turn off Lees road i think it is, i do miss seeing him, died in 2002, mind good innings, 94 !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Lol at nothings changed! Inoticed there were a tescos at uppermill lol on one of our long journeys over the tops from Barnsley when we lived there 8 months ago. My grandad used to live down that dip as your climbing up Lees or something, the road just suddenly goes steep right turn off Lees road i think it is, i do miss seeing him, died in 2002, mind good innings, 94 !

Sad to hear that;

The tesco (actually is in Greenfield) incidentally opened in the middle of the December 2010 freeze if I can remember.

Posted

Right thats it now folks, washout lol, going to dampen out the noise of the rain and watch Eastenders on BBC catch up lol...enjoy whats left of your snow those who still have it, especially wigan! And fir those that dont, enjoy the slush puppies , been an incrediable night and most enjoyed this NW thread, you lot have been great!

Posted

Right thats it now folks, washout lol, going to dampen out the noise of the rain and watch Eastenders on BBC catch up lol...enjoy whats left of your snow those who still have it, especially wigan! And fir those that dont, enjoy the slush puppies , been an incrediable night and most enjoyed this NW thread, you lot have been great!

take care and look forward to the next cold spell!!

Posted

Sad to hear that;

The tesco (actually is in Greenfield) incidentally opened in the middle of the December 2010 freeze if I can remember.

Oh greenfield yes of course, i knew uppermill wasnt right somehow lol... I like that tescos its kinda strange with the hills infront of you whilst your down in the dip, cozy! Lol

take care and look forward to the next cold spell!!

You too, hopefully soon! :)

Posted

Oh greenfield yes of course, i knew uppermill wasnt right somehow lol... I like that tescos its kinda strange with the hills infront of you whilst your down in the dip, cozy! Lol

You too, hopefully soon! :)

we can only hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Hiya peeps, just home from work in Shaw which closed down mid shift due to the snow (YODEL) widely 4-5 inches on the roads alone in Shaw. Got back to Sholver (via the gaffers 4x4) and the depths are 1ft to 4ft... Absolutely amazing finish to this cold blast!

I have to say, what we had overnight is pretty much what I call "classic" winter depths up here! and the drifting is mega! This snap certainly went out with a bang and rates as one of the best winters in a long time.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It's about time you lot opp north had a new thread!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted

Hiya peeps, just home from work in Shaw which closed down mid shift due to the snow (YODEL) widely 4-5 inches on the roads alone in Shaw. Got back to Sholver (via the gaffers 4x4) and the depths are 1ft to 4ft... Absolutely amazing finish to this cold blast!

I have to say, what we had overnight is pretty much what I call "classic" winter depths up here! and the drifting is mega! This snap certainly went out with a bang and rates as one of the best winters in a long time.

smile.pngWhoah..impressive.