Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 23rd January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Well here in Bootle/Aintree it seems to have stopped, my laptop broke so cant see radar, is that it now? Dont know where you are all posting from. My estate snowed in, the roads are a mess, work tomorrow? Anyone up in Skelmersdale area?

Posted

I was wondering ,who lives at the highest and lowest elevations on here.I'm at about 40 odd metres asl here.

Posted

Those unlucky sods in Stockport will be wondering what all the fuss is about! :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/cheshire/trafficcameras/highwaysagency/39010/1359157725794/image

The difference in conditions across Greater Manchester tonight are insane!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

A marginal event and we get 3 hours of snow around Chester - result. I think that's the lot now, just a question of will it last long into the morning and how bad will the flooding be over the weekend...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well just been out. Helped 2 cars out of side roads. That has to 5inch of the wettest snow ever. Virtually slush. Those people saying this is better than 2010 know way. That was -7 and very dry. Its raining niw so i'm off to bed. Pitty those m6 folk, hope they've got some petrol its a night in the cars i think.

post-19090-0-93310300-1359157911_thumb.j

Posted

non event here we only have just a covering no depth just a dusting yet 5/10 miles away have got good falls.Dont think altitude was the prblem been a strange one this but well done to all who have done well

Posted

Skem had had it bad Jan.

It was bad when I let this afternoon, M58 was aawful, saw 2 accidents within a mile or so. Supoosed to be back on early in the morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

sad.png yep totally fed up

Awww well my ex lives in Stockport and during the 09/10 winter she drove down to Crewe with almost 1 foot of snow attached to her roof whilst we had about 3cm lol. So you had your fill back then :p

Posted

It was bad when I let this afternoon, M58 was aawful, saw 2 accidents within a mile or so. Supoosed to be back on early in the morning?

You mean the snow back? Doubt its still snowing there now im about 20 miles south east of there at the moment roads are near impassible ground level.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Someone arriving in the NW of England in 48 hours time from a different country wouldn't believe what has happened here tonight ...

Shame it won't last.

Here, everything is becoming extremely marginal and local as we have constant changing between rain/snow, any rain not doing much to thaw anything though of course due to the ground temperatures;

Snow is mostly wet but of course is sticking on the already covered ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Awww well my ex lives in Stockport and during the 09/10 winter she drove down to Crewe with almost 1 foot of snow attached to her roof whilst we had about 3cm lol. So you had your fill back then blum.gif

: ) ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Think I'm about 200m asl

How do I find out the exact measure?

If you go onto google earth (not the internet browser plug in, but the actual program) and hover your mouse over your location, it should tell you in the bottom right your exact meters above sea level.

failing that I'm sure there are many internet sites that can tell you

Posted

I was thinking that! Madness

Have you got any ideas, on why some areas that are usually not favoured so well in marginal conditions, have fared a lot better than some places that are usually good, Macc and Stockport for example?

Posted

You mean the snow back? Doubt its still snowing there now im about 20 miles south east of there at the moment roads are near impassible ground level.

No Im supposed to be back in work early lol