Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Torrential rain Carmarthen milder than I thought it would get 5c.

It's like welcoming back a long lost friend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Severe problems here in Pembrokeshire, very heavy rain + extensive snow melt has caused widespread flood problems and surface water. Very bad and some places are cut off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Heavy snow...big flakes...shame it won't last.

Posted

Had it snowed like this last week here we'd have been buried...no doubt about it. Ah well!

Posted

Had it snowed like this last week here we'd have been buried...no doubt about it. Ah well!

we would have for sure! well we may be able to enjoy it a bit tomorrow morning!

Latest Skiing Blog now out

http://forum.netweat...h-january-2013/

Containing the usual synoptic analysis, admittedly not so much uncertainty this week.

------------------------------------------------

Belting it down here, trying to getting rid of the snow by midnight, hope it doesn't got too icy tonight, it is so wet now there would be problems bin the morning.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

The Caribbean Pineapple Express has arrived bang on time. Kind of missed the rain smashing against my window!

12c by Tueday is a bit excessive however. It could have let us down a little more gently!

Posted

Snow on on off since 10:00 here has got very heavy in the last couple of hours, getting very deep and drifting. We havent lost much if any of the 8-9 inches that have fell over the last week. Going to be fun in the morning

Posted

Heavy snow still falling here. Very reminiscent of the breakdowns we used to get when we'd get a period of heavy snow dumping several inches on the ground, then the snow losing intensity before turning to drizzle and the start of the thaw.

Do you honestly believe you are a more accurate snow forecaster? On many occasions you have got it badly wrong, those who predict the same thing often enough will be lucky eventually.

In this thread over the past couple of weeks, there are those who back up their forecasts with charts and analysis, To me yourself, Jamie and MikeCarroll (I 'd like to think, my analysis has been at least OK) who been doing this and have provided some detailed forecasts, which have not been that far off the mark. Doesn't mean we have always got it right, indeed last Tuesday/ Wednesday was a nightmare to forecast. But by being objective, we have tried to steer a middle course that has hopefully provided a reasonable estimate to the forecast weather.

Ramping of any kind tends not to provide an accurate reflection of weather forecasting, indeed some people in the MOD thread who were thought of as gods are new finding their influence/reputation damaged, as if you consistently fail to get forecasts right then reputation is lost.

Posted

Cold spell is going out with style...with its boots on...RESPECT!

Posted

In this thread over the past couple of weeks, there are those who back up their forecasts with charts and analysis, To me yourself, Jamie and MikeCarroll (I 'd like to think, my analysis has been at least OK) who been doing this and have provided some detailed forecasts, which have not been that far off the mark. Doesn't mean we have always got it right, indeed last Tuesday/ Wednesday was a nightmare to forecast. But by being objective, we have tried to steer a middle course that has hopefully provided a reasonable estimate to the forecast weather.

Ramping of any kind tends not to provide an accurate reflection of weather forecasting, indeed some people in the MOD thread who were thought of as gods are new finding their influence/reputation damaged, as if you consistently fail to get forecasts right then reputation is lost.

I admit I don't have a clue and always admit to that but i am good at guessing ha ha. I think getting the weather correct is very difficult when it comes to snow as temp height wind and lots of other things come into play. I have noticed after being on here for a long time now that being in this country makes it harder to be accurate than many other countries. im happy we had our snow and Wales done well out of it, its the first real snow since we moved up here and I cant get over how bad the snow is up here compared to even 500 meters away down a steep hill. this is norm a good thread and friendly place and long may it continue. some good guys and gals on here to help people like myself who don't really understand that much.

Posted

Masses of snow here - one of the heaviest falls of recent years.

Take a few pics before the rain sets in, nothing better than a nice winter picture