Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

The thunderstorms are not that far away from me now, come to daddy! Apart from snow, my next favourite weather phenomena are thunderstorms, thats why im excited for them to come!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes I was viewing the radar at 7:15 but now its updated it shows the heavier rain to the east of you, must have been a trough but not sure. search.gif

Strange as we are in a Warm sector, unusual to a thundery trough embedded within these.

Posted

I have rarely seen a trough move through so fast it well get across the whole of Wales in an hour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Really heavy rain here now, any thunder or lightning want to make is presence known?

Posted

And another! One rumble and 2 minutes torrential rain, this is strange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Yes we also had some torrential rainfall for a short period early on. Amazing how fast the rain/showers are moving west to east. Completely different to last week.

Posted

Wish the sferics stayed when on zoom.

Posted

Quite a sharp contrast in air mass temperatures crossing us now, what's probably causing the intstablity.

nmm-5-8-0.png

Thanks but i cannot even see us under that, strange for a warm sector though?

Posted

THis is great snow melts then thunderstorms straight afterwards!

Posted

Lightning to SSW third cell!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Huge thunderstorm here in Pembrokeshire right now, classic!

Posted

That must be the distant lightning I can see to SW. Will be here in 15 minutes the speed they are moving at!

THis is great snow melts then thunderstorms straight afterwards!

Wouldn't get that in the tropics would you? Variety is the spice of life as they say.

My snow has taken a battering today and is now down to in inch or two or patchy slush.

Lots of lightning being picked up in that squall line, brace yourselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Mum reporting heavy thunderstorm back home in North West Wales. Typical and I'm back in Cardiff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

There is only patches of snow,with tonight's rain to probably wash it away, however can it leave with a bang, no literally! Radar shows sferics over the West coast of Wales, could these make it as far as here? I sure hope so!

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

http://www.netweathe...lightning;sess=

YES you are right! Big flashes of lightning wind picking up - strong to gale force gusts. Have't heard a rumble yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

NOW we have thunder, BIG rumbles clapping.gif

Posted

I can see the flashes your way too!

Posted

a big thunderstorm which is very close to my location, power is now back on however. Snow to floods to thaw to some sun to thunder and lightning. A tornado next perhaps.

Edited by bradythemole

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Just the very heavy rain here. Could do with a bit of thunder and lightning to brighten things up a bit - excuse the pun!

JK

Posted

Shame most people on here are only hunting cold and snow and miss nights like this!

Posted

This is why you have to love the weather in the UK. The variability is insane for our island, snow, rain, thunder, sun, hail, frost, freezing fog, sleet, floods all in a week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

As much as I love cold and snow etc - As you say Tony, nights like this are enjoyable because it's 'weather' and thats the reason I am on the forum - to enjoy differing forms of weather - except mild anticyclones of boring gloom!

JK