Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

We have been experiencing thunder for the past hour! Intense lightening lit up my living room! Reports of it hitting a friends washing pole....not as good as when Hurricane Sandy swept past the Dominican but not bad AT ALL! The rain is also pretty spectacular! clapping.gif

LOVE STORMS!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thunder (quite far away) but enough to hear, here in Cardiff hope the 'massive rumble of thunder' from Barry ^ comes my way!

Edit:Lightning to my NE just then!

Edit:There goes the thunder!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

There's some lovely flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder going on here. :)

Posted

Wow what a rumble here in Cardiff, and that lightning was amazing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I feel spoilt. I've had my 2 favourite weather conditions in one week. Snow and thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

10c at midnight, warm sector indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Torrential rain earlier, very gusty winds, temperature of 10C.

Posted

We could see some more heavy showers as those troughs pass over us tomorrow night...

post-17320-0-87668100-1359248260_thumb.g

Posted

This is video I shot when the lightning and thunder passed. Camera facing SE.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Christ, pretty widespread lightning across Wales tonight for what should probably be the quietest month of the year! The Atlantic has really returned with its anger of not dominating over the last 2 weeks and is making it up quickly it seems!

Posted

Fantastic thunderstorms last night seriously bad forecast from the met office. They forecast rain but not to spot such an active squall line was disappointing to,putting it mildly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Further heavy showers and thunderstorms possible today

Posted

UK on flood alert as heavy rain mixes with melting snow

Wales, central England and south-west expected to be worst hit by downpours

More than 200 flood alerts are in place across the UK as heavy rain has mixed with melting snow.

There have been more reports of flooding in south Wales overnight as the downpours replace almost two weeks of snow. Norfolk police have reported flooding caused by melting snow and ice, which has closed a number of roads in the area.

Wales, central England, and the south west will be the worst-hit areas, with at least 2.5cm (1in) of rain expected by mid-morning on Sunday, while the rest of the UK can expect around 1.3cm.

Rising temperatures of up to 12C have sparked a rapid thaw of the snow and ice which has built up in the recent cold snap, exacerbating potential flooding problems. The Environment Agency has issued 30 flood warnings urging people to take immediate action against predicted flooding, in the Midlands, the west of England, central England and Wales. A further 218 flood warnings are in place across England, Scotland and Wales affecting all but the east of England and north of Scotland.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/27/uk-flood-alert-rain-snow

Posted

Morning everyone, thought I heard thunder here last night but wasn't sure as the wind was howling as well, didn't see any lightening which is a good thing for me as I'm actually petrified of lightening the chapel not far from my mums was hit when I was quite young and the damage to cars and homes stuck in my mind.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Really heavy hailstorm in the valley sweeping through and looks like snow!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Hail now in Cardiff - not much though.

Edited by Liam Ellis