Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Just gone for a little walk, snow added about 3 inches or so, well anyway to tops of wellies. About 1 inch on roads, but now turning to icy rain. Lovely, no cars , slightly orangy coloured snow under council streetlamps, but above all, blessed silence, you know, that stillness and quiet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow thunder

Nice clear day in N.East Wales, Snow melting rapidly now after last nights heavy snow. Nice to have some real winter weather for a change! Looking forward to the next load of snow in February / March hopefully. Lots of winter left yet!

Posted

yes. Lovely morning here. Milky blue sky. The mountain and fields look as white as yesterday (from a distance) but significant snow melt in the garden. still about 70-80% coverage. The conifers seem to have sprung back to life after a week of being weighed down by the snow.

So this is the 8th day of snow cover. I mentioned on "red alert" Friday that the snow depth would not get into my top 10. The longevity of snow cover certainly would.

Currently 4c.

Posted

I thought I'd wake up to a green outside, but the only green bits are where I'd walked in the grass during the week. And I kept to my footsteps to keep a nice white lawn.

It's the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch weekend http://www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch/ so the snow should get the birds coming in for some grub

Posted

Lovely sunny morning - brilliant snowy landscape. Really pleased to be able to take the dogs for a walk on such a day - you never know when the next chance will be.

Posted

A return to a cold spell around the 10th Feb according to JMA to the south heights are below normal.130125jmaweek34.jpg

Edited by keithlucky

Pleased that some in North Wales who prevoiusly missed out are enjoying some snow.

A real rapid thaw yesterday evening and overnight, we are now down to a few bits of snow on side of drives, and snowman remnants, although one or so nearby fields have a bit of their drifted snow left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

That was an exciting night! We got a top up of between 2 - 3 inches, so we still have about half a foot of snow depth on the garden. Slowly thawing now, but still white and lovely.

Posted

Pleased that some in North Wales who prevoiusly missed out are enjoying some snow.

The usual suspects had rain like always though, joke of a place to live up here if your looking for snow. Whilst it has been cold enough for snow we had little precipitation but as soon as is started to warm up yesterday we had bucket loads of it as rain. TBH i think its the final nail in the coffin and i just wont bother looking at models etc, if it snows it snows but its so rare here its just not worth getting your hopes up over which i did a week last friday and they were swiftly destroyed. Makes it far worse when you see just how much snow falls in most of wales, even bloody Anglesey had it, now that really takes the biscuit

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No snow left a balmy 9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

When does the next episode of cold guys and gals??? I know the 14 day forecast is looking mild but we are still early into the winter!!!

We've only just got rid of 1 cold spell and your asking when the next is coming!!! I like it lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

When does the next episode of cold guys and gals??? I know the 14 day forecast is looking mild but we are still early into the winter!!!

Possibly early February, but that would be short lived, im going for the 10th Feb to have another cold spell (look at my signature)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

the amazing snow Shrek-and-Fiona carved by someone who lives near me is now just a pile of dirty slush:'(

Posted

There is only patches of snow,with tonight's rain to probably wash it away, however can it leave with a bang, no literally! Radar shows sferics over the West coast of Wales, could these make it as far as here? I sure hope so!

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Cracking little thunderstorm just now, one blinding FL less than half mile away, rain not especially heavy, totally unexpected!

Posted

Cracking little thunderstorm just now, one blinding FL less than half mile away, rain not especially heavy, totally unexpected!

Yes just seen the radar and my eyes lit up lol, look at my above post, I hope they come my way. Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Now nothing died as quickly as it arrived.

Posted

Now nothing died as quickly as it arrived.

There are some beefy showers coming in from the west heading towards your area, maybe they can produce some more thunderstorms for you and hopefully me :p

Posted

They are now to my east, wonder what kind of front it was?

Posted

They are now to my east, wonder what kind of front it was?

Yes I was viewing the radar at 7:15 but now its updated it shows the heavier rain to the east of you, must have been a trough but not sure. search.gif

Posted

Boom boom here, flash of lightening caught me completely by surprise, as I type there goes another, more or less overhead. More heavy rain, the revenge of the Atlantic continues... blum.gif