Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Here's a snowy pic of a different type. As Ginger had said a few posts back it had been pretty much snowing all morning although they melted within seconds as they weren't lying. Had to be quick but I liked this one of a couple of flakes on the end of a leaf before they disappeared.

Flake800web_zps062784f3.jpg

this is a prize winner Watsy .. thanks for sticking it up

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

I think this winter there was a "snow forcefield" around us here in North Dublin City area! A few very light grauple and snow showers yesterday, whilst the radar looked so promising, and further south got a few CMs, again....................Oh well, good for you folks. I wonder is Howth peninsula to blame? Certainly an unexpectedly interesting event.

Yesterday morning early was like a scene from "Mordor", slate grey, cold, dark, dead winter sky and light and feel. So nice to see the brighter weather today. These chill but light easterlies and the weather remind me very much of many late 70s and early to mid 80s days in late feb, march and April

Posted

And I have enjoyed the 8th dry day in a row with good prospects for the next 8 .. and after 11 wet months it's a pleasure as satisfying as a good 6 inches ..

of snow

Posted

lovely day today. last nights low was -4.1c and currently -1.3c so should be colder tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I would go as far to say that this little spell has brought about the lowest minima of the winter for here especially.

Posted

Beautiful sunny day here and slightly milder, still cold though. Would love a dry warm spell right now to feel the suns warmth again.

Posted

Last week we headed to the south of france chasing the sun. We found snow. It started in rennes, got worse by toulouse and we crawled into carcassone in a blizzard I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad just in front of of convoy of snowploughs. For the first few days we didn't have heating in our motorhome as it failed. I'm thoroughly off snow now but very pleased to hear people back home have seen a few flakes. Not to make you jealous or anything but at the moment I'm looking out the window at blue skies and palm trees. Anyway, if you want a major snow event next year, head for the south of france!

Posted

10th dry day .. I do need to water my plants but my water pump is drained awaiting a thaw of the system

and my longest dry spell of 15 days is under threat .. a good record to break !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Last week we headed to the south of france chasing the sun. We found snow. It started in rennes, got worse by toulouse and we crawled into carcassone in a blizzard I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad just in front of of convoy of snowploughs. For the first few days we didn't have heating in our motorhome as it failed. I'm thoroughly off snow now but very pleased to hear people back home have seen a few flakes. Not to make you jealous or anything but at the moment I'm looking out the window at blue skies and palm trees. Anyway, if you want a major snow event next year, head for the south of france!

had a great time there last november, although it lashed rain all day in rennes, I didn;t let it bother me even those i was soaked to the bone. Carcassone is an amazing place and I will return some day. enjoy.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Well thats another winter over. Wasnt the best,not at my location anyway. A few light dustings and the odd frost is the best i got,lowest temp -2.8c. so overall = grade E - fail,must try harder next year!

Posted

Welcome to spring y'all. The run up to April showers and the anticipation of what Summer will bring. Long sunny and warm days with some Thunderstorms (at night especially) in between please.

Posted

Winter returning with a vengeance in the next 5 - 7 days - East and North West to see the most snow smile.png

Edited by The Eagle

Posted

this is my 15th dry day in a row .. equealing the longest dry spell here in my observational life of 32 years .. something to remember from this winter after all !

.... and then it drizzled ...

Edited by be cause

Posted

Winter returning with a vengeance in the next 5 - 7 days - East and North West to see the most snow smile.png

Just popped onto the forum in a quiet moment to see how everyone's getting on. Torrential rain here just south of Perpignan just started and for tonight but it's been glorious for the past two days. We're off to Spain tomorrow as it's going to rain throughout France for the rest of this week. I'm looking forward to the first bbq of the year. I shall think of you as the cold rain, sleet and snow lash down.......-:)

Posted

Just popped onto the forum in a quiet moment to see how everyone's getting on. Torrential rain here just south of Perpignan just started and for tonight but it's been glorious for the past two days. We're off to Spain tomorrow as it's going to rain throughout France for the rest of this week. I'm looking forward to the first bbq of the year. I shall think of you as the cold rain, sleet and snow lash down.......-smile.png

while you enjoy the rain , sleet and snow .. here all is calma .. happy hols

Posted

Time to reawaken this thread... All models pointing to extremely cold weather for the time of year from about Sunday onwards...

Even some of the GFS runs (control run 6z) has us under -12 uppers from Sunday 10th

If it did transpire, all we could say is WOW!!!