Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

bbc weather just said 1-3cm of snow to low level across n.ireland today! my temp is up to 1.4c so i cant see there bein much laying at low levels.

Posted

Just at airport and saw this morning we had a weather warning! I really can't see that happening and think meto will have egg in their face over this! Someone at airport trying to wind me up saying 2 foot of snow and blizzard expected in boston tomorrow! Idiot! If only. That would be boos to see. Good luck this week all. Just off for another pint!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

What are we expecting for this weekend/next week folks??

Will it be an east west split with us poor westeners getting nothingcray.gif

or an up down split with us poor bottom dwellers getting nothing ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Frost, Thunder and Storms

Good charts from ECM this morning regarding potential for snow in parts of Ireland from late Sunday through to Tuesday morning with the east probably most at risk with a stronger easterly / northeasterly flow showing compared to yesterdays output..................potential for further upgrades or downgrades over coming days - met Eireann also mention heavy wintry showers many of sleet or snow on Monday

Will be interesting model watching again over next few days

EWS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Just at airport and saw this morning we had a weather warning! I really can't see that happening and think meto will have egg in their face over this! Someone at airport trying to wind me up saying 2 foot of snow and blizzard expected in boston tomorrow! Idiot! If only. That would be boos to see. Good luck this week all. Just off for another pint!

Have a good trip and only 1 foot snow expected for Boston.. enjoy the cold !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

While the weather is cold and miserable outside, lets discuss plans for a meet-up.

Had a message from Skywatcher and she gave me some ideas for places (hope she doesn't mind me sharing) and dates probably around April.

http://www.killyhevlin.com as an example of the good offers around in Enniskillen/Fermanagh (look at the £79 option). Something wild and wacky, eg, hiring a yurt? Rathlin Island? (not hiring it, lol, but going to it - vey nice hotel there). Dundalk? On the grounds that it's on the Enterprise route and using a webfare would only be £10 to reach any destination en route and it's half way?

Any chance of getting Su Campu along for a teach-in? Or (ahem) perhaps you doing one?

We have a large tent which can might be useful for someone. It's a VERY large tent, so if there are a few people who are short of cash they could use this as long as we could find a farmer and a field, which I'm sure we could, or a cheap campsite.

We could make it a day thing or an overnight thing. Pints and pub lunch then some entertainment in the eve? Maybe a day trip to somewhere. Maybe we could get BFTV to play guitar for us. gathering.gif

Posted

hi im in a wheelchair so would need 1 of you lot to help me. help with transport - normalssssss car and wheelchair folds up. i also need help transferring to loo. is this ok?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Here are u all going on p i ss up??

Nobody invited mecray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

It's not organised yet, we are putting forward ideas. Everyone is invited. I might be able to help GeoffW, I live in Bangor. Snowjon does too.

Posted

It's not organised yet, we are putting forward ideas. Everyone is invited. I might be able to help GeoffW, I live in Bangor. Snowjon does too.

thanks

Posted

Well I have twa bairns and a wife. There's more chance of Ian Brown becoming a snow ramper than me getting a jolly to Enniskillen. If there was a meet up in Belfast though I would be up for it.

Back to the models and I believe a chance for snow from late afternoon Sunday into Monday is still on the cards. No snow warning from The Met Office, but we know how good they are!

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

It won't snow in Belfast tonight, I can tell you this for a certainty. How do I know? The gritters have been out. They were out last night as well. Now ask if they were out before and/or on the two recent occasions when it snowed and I'll give you an answer when I stop laughing. Belfast tonight has the best-gritted roads in the UK or Ireland. However - no snow.