Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

drove up sliabh beagh tonight and alot of snow still laying. loads of big drifts along the road but difficult to see more in the dark. going back up on sunday in daylight so hopefully will be some left.

Posted

Snow still on the cards for late Sunday into Monday. All the GFS runs today plus the modified Met Office Fax have parts of North Eastern Ireland in the cold sector.

Posted

More precipitation in the east so more likely their Pom.

The situation is very fluid though and will change for sure.

My main concern is that the cold uppers arrive after the precipitation has moved south and east.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Yeas .. all the glorious snow out west is following everyone's wishes and heading for Spain and North Africa .. thats the wishes of the model followers who seem to believe only the North and East are potential sources of winter weather. Friends have just completed a pilgrimage in Spain and have walked thru deep Atlantic snow for much of the last 6 weeks and it could have been ours to enjoy .. we are closer to it's source 'surrounded by colder waters etc etc ..

I call myself be cause because I [we] live in a Quantum universe where our thoughts are creative and so we decide our weather much more than is realized .. ravens flying overhead as I type are loudly affirming this ..

Am finding posts are being removed [edited] since I suggested weather model output was an art that thought itself a science . nothing like limiting diversity and opinion

Also if Su Campo is still here I am happy to learn much more about what science makes of the weather ..until a few months ago I listened religiously to the shipping forecast as my mental weather map for @ 40 years so I do not know how to bring info from other sites etc only my own thoughts .. just sussed how to quote you all a few days ago !

Anyway I say thank you all who have been creating this community and glad to have found you and would love to connect with you all in person .. more ravens shouting 'get back to potting snowdrops' .. where and when you come together ..

just must add .. I have not been censored on this thread .. [not yet] LOL

Edited by be cause

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

its not easy living in S Tyrone .. even Big Lad has escaped they made the border too porous lol

See you south Tyrone people need to stop drinking Meths!!!

and radio says a lot of doubt @ the forecast for Sunday ... and the World at One has failed to follow the pips not forecasted lololol

Posted

Worth watching -

- Deputy Chief Forecaster Dan Suri on the snow risk. Originally posted in the Models Thread so thanks to the poster whose name I can't now remember.

Posted

Met Eireann going for Snow on sunday night -

Sunday will be mostly cloudy with rain or showers in all areas and a risk of thunder. It will become colder as the day goes on and showers will turn increasingly wintry with hail and sleet likely. Daytime temperatures will range from about 3 to 6 degrees. Temperatures will drop further on Sunday night and there'll be a significant risk of snow, especially over Ulster and Leinster

NI Weather going for snow to

An Early Yellow warning of Heavy Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland.

Rain is to spread across NI during Sunday as this does so it is likely to turn to snow as it meets the cold air, especially in eastern areas. At present there is still alot of uncertainty regarding the timing and the amount of snowfall expected.

This warning may be extended to cover more parts and/or upgraded to a higher warning level.

The public are advised to stay tuned to weather forecasts and our page for updates, and also to be prepared for risk of disruption, especially to Travel.

Posted

See you south Tyrone people need to stop drinking Meths!!!

lol. i think its something in the water. p.s i think be cause wins the prize for the most random post ever on netweather! lol Edited by BIG LAD

Posted

I just hate the fact that they put out these warnings even though they don't have a clue what the outcome is gonna be!! I know they are being cautious. It it really fries my head!

Posted

My glorious summers as a child involved watching 'wish you were here' with Judith Chalmers, beside a radiant heater!

Noticeable stretch to the nights now. Spring is upon us and I'm itching to get the garden kicked off!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

As far as this winter is concerned whats left of it im slowly starting to reach for the towel now,difficult atm to see us getting anything substantial in terms of snow or proper cold weather now. I suppose of course we could get one or two cold snaps in spring although that doesnt really rock my boat. Frustrating winter overall,promised much but failed to deliver although at least it was a bit better then last yr which isnt saying much.

Posted

Looking at the latest output only eastern areas with decent height will see any snow. The snow warnings will probably be removed although they might retain it given the volatile situation.

Looks like it's back looking to deepest FI for anything decent.

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20130209/06/384/h850t850eu.png