Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Some heavy snow showers here, but not sticking at all to anything.

Off to bed now!

Posted

sounds like you're having fun - our fellow celts in Ireland - send the showers over to Wales once you've finished with em lol

Posted

Couple of inches fell here overnight, not the same when you have to go to work though and can't get out in it. Was clearing the cars earlier and it's a beautiful morning, clear skies and crescent moon, would be nice out for a walk with the camera.

Posted

Good morning. It's white outside - a couple of cm but haven't measured it yet - and still snowing. Not as deep as at Glengormley but quite respectable nevertheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

post-7838-0-52381000-1360052003_thumb.jp

2-3 inches in windward facing drift areas and 1 inch or so lying on the ground.

Just looked out to see my cat going crazy in it . lol

Edited by The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

From the radar that likes like it for this area though showers are still coming through futher south.

The low pressure system begins to move South and bring with it a milder uppers period, that's why the Meto are saying showers turning to rain today then turning wintry again. Overnight tonight. Precipitation will be less widespread though as the uppers won't be as cold as last night. Last night was rare in that we seen the -10 line come in off the Atlantic. I seen the heaviest snow I've had since 1995.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Sitting now looking at moderate snow falling out my window. Not sticking, but still a nice sight!

anyone know how to post a video?

You could try upload it to the netweather gallery and then link to it in here.

There's always youtube too.

Posted

I'm delighted for y'all, really am... But not even a dusting on hard surfaces here. I saw a patch of snow on the roof of a house, probably 3 inches square...

This winter has been a disaster for me. A few overnight flurries, nothing substantial... Everywhere bar here getting at least some lying snow! That's it, I'm emigrating to Canada!

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

hurray ! .. even my valley bottom has an inch of the white stuff !! First lying snow of the winter...

Posted

It will all be gone by early afternoon as mild northerlies, would you believe, push down.

Colder again tomorrow as the mild uppers pull away with snow showers along North facing coasts.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A slight dusting here,temp 0.7c,overnight low -0.1c.

Posted

Funny thing is, you imagine as our winds become more northerly, and even develop into a longish fetch northerly, they would have been colder, but alas, slightly milder uppers, and only northern most counties will see wintery precipitation if the charts are to be believed for the next 2 days, mostly due to the higher pressure as the Azores high slips in closer to us.

Still remaining cold for the forseeable future, and if you believe the ECM, we may be in with a shout of a decent easterly at the weekend, which "may" at last bring a snow event to us here...