Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Looking forward to the upcoming events. Pity its not at the weekend but who knows what the future may bring.

PS anybody know stuff about dmx lighting and sound desk etc? Looking at a fairly big purchase of stuff and could do with some friendly advice.

What's it for Baltic? I think Ronan could be of help. I think he DJ's. I've used Sound desks before and set them up (used to roadie) but not really pro at it.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

DMX desks are pretty basic. Well the ones I've used anyway. Each light is interlinked with an XLR cable then into the desk. On the desk or unit you will have a programme mode where you can create your own settings then you will have preset modes which will cover everything from the lights going with the music to selecting certain colours. Really depends what your doing. If its for bands and stuff then you are better presetting on programme mode and I'm sure YouTube and google is full if tutorials!

Edited by ronan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

Metoffice have just removed the yellow snow warning for the western third of NI

Doesn't make sense seeing as the west is due to get most of the activity,possible an amber warning may be issued in it's place soon

Posted

Where you see that? All I can see Is the updated yellow warning. If your lucky to be in the line of showers then you should do quite well. Setups like this can throw up some surprises and just come down to now casting and radar watching!

Posted

not much in the way of heavy showers here yet and temps up to 7c. dew points are very low though so hopefully after dark the temps should lower well and the action might begin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

remember also we are going through the transition of =5hpa to -5to -7hpa upper air within a very short time period, which will also make the showers become dramatic. i'd say by evening time things will get interesting. an exciting and late night methinks.i just hope the ground conditions are right for snow to accumulate.

verywild here, squally rain showers and very strong gusty winds.

Posted

Squally sleety showers here in Derry but i have just got home after have to go to Dungannon for work and even on the tops of the sperrins it was only sleet and temps around 3 degrees! I really glad that we are getting the bulk of the snow in daylight hours as it would just be a waste of time with the sun in between showers. Enjoy it tonight if you get it folks as any lying snow will be largely gone by lunch time tomorrow!

Posted

Short sharp shower here in Belfast just now which definitely turned to snow for a few minutes. I must say, I'm surprised. I thought this would be a non-event with snow -if any - after dark this evening. Lots of showers packing in behind so it could be an interesting afternoon.

Posted

The showers will get more wintery through the day. A hit and miss scenario at times like these.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Mostly dry so far here today with the odd light shower,hoping for things to get more interesting tonight if any snow showers make their way here. Very windy ,current temp 7.1c should be a noticable drop in temp here by evening/early night i would presume.

Posted

Second shower of the day here, no signs of snow but a little sleety.

I made a nice little lunch for myself. If anyone is ever having a tomato soup, be sure to add some mustard (teaspoon) and cheese. Lovely.