Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

drove through an absolute blizzard at 4pm on sliabh beagh. snow, hail and serious wind. temp dropped to 0.5c during the shower and roads completely white above around 250 mts. i beat a hasty retreat down the mountain before things got out of hand. high level routes are not to be chanced tonight.

Edited by BIG LAD

Posted

I have to be honest and think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this expected snow. I really cannot for the life of me see much in the way of snow! Certainly accumulating snow away from high ground. I think the met office warning is a complete cover your ass reaction! I mean its a nw airflow and those in these areas are not really included in warning ! Normally the coast/or fringed coastal nw areas do favourable from this set up! This occasion theY don't! Just doesn't add up. I hope I'm wrong of course. Least we are getting a chance. USA/ certainly North America on the whole are having another truly dreadful winter snow wise for the 2nd year running! How times are changing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

I have to be honest and think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with this expected snow. I really cannot for the life of me see much in the way of snow! Certainly accumulating snow away from high ground. I think the met office warning is a complete cover your ass reaction! I mean its a nw airflow and those in these areas are not really included in warning ! Normally the coast/or fringed coastal nw areas do favourable from this set up! This occasion theY don't! Just doesn't add up. I hope I'm wrong of course. Least we are getting a chance. USA/ certainly North America on the whole are having another truly dreadful winter snow wise for the 2nd year running! How times are changing.

North America is currently in the midst of a snow storm with 30-60cm of snow expected today.

My sources a tweet from bbc weather

Posted

Sorry I will rephrase ! America not including Canada which your source the bbc refers too!! They have had snow just way below average on a whole! My source accu weather america and weather channel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

I've heard the USA have got dung all but who cares ha

Here's the tweet BBC Weather â€@bbcweather

USA/Canada: deep low will produce 30-60cm of snow in parts by Mon evening. Blizzards likely. Phil A

Met.ie and met office both stating western Ulster won't get any accumulating snow tonight,both say mid and eastern ulster

Fooking ridick

Edited by Beaufort12

Posted

temps falling well here. currently 3.4c and dew of 0.1c. bit to go yet though

Posted

Yeah a bit misleading the headline from the bbc! About 0.2% of the population of america have been hit by that storm!! It's mostly Canada. Anyway your right about the west. Very strange more snow forecast for central and eastern areas from this airflow. Don't get it.

Posted

Serious heavy hail in Derry now! Reminds me of the good old days when the ground was soaking and i always thought there was no chance of the snow lying then the hail came and gave us a good base they the snow was able to lye! 550 homes without power in Donegal to!

Posted

Very heavy hail sleet shower here now. Too warm to settle of course. Interest wont start until midnight-ish!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had a very heavy sleety shower a while ago,temp dropping away ,temp currently at 3.0c

Posted

moderate/heavy wet snow here for last half hour. not lying but leaving slush on cars. temp still falling, now 1.4c with dew -1.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I must have had a wet snow shower a short time ago,some wet snow is stuck to the side of my car . Temp 1.9c