Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Ian Ferguson on Spotlight...has he been transferred in the January 'transfer window'? He must have been expensive!

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Just switched on spotlight to watch david brain and guess what, ian fergusson presented instead. Is this just a one off or can we expect his company more often?

Hope so.

Posted

Also, after tomorrow's frontal rainfall, there is another possibility of a repeat of yesterday, with convective cells forming over Wales/Bristol Channel and these could again prove thundery;

post-12721-0-81805800-1359399318_thumb.jpost-12721-0-14720700-1359399328_thumb.j

Interesting, thanks :) not as if we need the rainfall, but could you order one of those thunderstorms for me? Much appreciated :D

Ian Ferguson on Spotlight...has he been transferred in the January 'transfer window'? He must have been expensive!

You can't take him away from us! :D

Posted

Hope emily wood hasn't gone out on loan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looking forward to mid Feb too;

post-12721-0-68725700-1359399742_thumb.jpost-12721-0-87619700-1359399749_thumb.j

Something is a foot. I'm liking the way the models are trending. Show nicely here too;

post-12721-0-60789200-1359399863_thumb.j

Mean (the red line) hovering perilously close to the -5hpa line in FI. That's just the mean too! I will say though, if it does go colder, there is every possibility it could be dry & cold with pressure relatively high. Just don't assume cold means snow, this scenario MAY not mean that but anyway, its all going the right way for now, the trend for cold in February continues and that's all we need at this stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Some impressive wind speeds even for here, i don't normally do very well as there's so many obstacles, buildings that take the energy out of the wind .. :(

post-15177-0-85985100-1359400529_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

We in South West can afford the best,,,,,blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

well cambernet (chichester harbour) reporting F9 gusts as to Southampton so it has been increasing over the last couple of hours. It is currently Low tide so there is a blessing there - 2 m wave heights though being recorded.

I am hoping for some abating here..only in that my digital TV signal keeps breaking up like it did yesterday. Must be the wind doing it - as i can hear the wind rustling through at the same time the signal goes. It is though driving me nuts. Cant watch the News or follow things.....grrrhhdiablo.gif

Posted

Re Ian Fergusson/David Braine ; occasionally when Ian has been away David has done the Points West forecast which IMO is far

preferable to any of the other presenters who do them! So I'm guessing today was the other way round and that what was on Spotlight

was recorded as he was definitely live on Points West.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I walked into the lounge where my OH was watching the local news/weather, but muted cos he was on the phone! I couldn't understand why Ian was talking about the Channel Islands when it should be David's job! it wasn't until I saw the other presenters that I realised what was going on! Agree that they are the two best forecasters. If you want to see Emily, cornish snow, you'll have to watch Breakfast!

Posted

Still a constant 30mph with a 52mph last hour gust.

Whilst taking a break I ventured into the MOD thread. OMG it's a place where soles can die for saying what they think.

After a quick read I had to leave....quickly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

I walked into the lounge where my OH was watching the local news/weather, but muted cos he was on the phone! I couldn't understand why Ian was talking about the Channel Islands when it should be David's job! it wasn't until I saw the other presenters that I realised what was going on! Agree that they are the two best forecasters. If you want to see Emily, cornish snow, you'll have to watch Breakfast!

Yeah, David and Ian are streets ahead. There have been a couple of newbies on Spotlight weather who are truely awful.

Posted

Still a constant 30mph with a 52mph last hour gust.

Whilst taking a break I ventured into the MOD thread. OMG it's a place where soles can die for saying what they think.

After a quick read I had to leave....quickly

tis a very dangerous place to venture fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

"Dear BBC Spotlight, a word of warning from the Netweather Points West viewers....You dare pinch our Ian and we'll come down there and **** you up!!" aggressive.gif

laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yeah, David and Ian are streets ahead. There have been a couple of newbies on Spotlight weather who are truely awful.

In the old days though on Spotlight, Craig Rich was 'the man' good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well, not been around for a little while, thought I'd have a catch up, read some posts on the mod thread discussion, oh my days that's a happy place at the moment.

Regional thread it is for me!! I never learn......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

tis a very dangerous place to venture fool.gif

I know, I have just bailed to the safety and warmth of the regional thread, ahhhhhhhh. lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Winds calmed down but still having some strong gusts, TV ariel blown down. just hanging from chimmney by cable, Also lost fence panel, Flocks of Gulls arrived on field and enjoying mini lake that formed there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Apart from that been Quiet day!!!

Posted

Talking of that lovely, cuddly Craig Rich, is the new forecaster seen on the News Channel, Ben Rich a relative of his? He certainly seems to have all the charm and facial expressions!

Posted

10.1 in Winchester. Recent gusts of 31 mph so dying down a bit.

Incidentally, Old Moore's Almanac (which was published in June 2012) says that the first and third weeks of Feb will be mild and wet, but with widespread snow from 7th to 13th and at end of month.You heard it here first

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Incidentally, Old Moore's Almanac (which was published in June 2012) says that the first and third weeks of Feb will be mild and wet, but with widespread snow from 7th to 13th and at end of month.You heard it here first

Does it say what summers going to be like?!

Posted

I do but it's just not enough.cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Up to a balmy 10.4c here nowdirol.gif

Posted

What did it say for January? And the last week of Feb? :)

Up to a balmy 10.4c here nowdirol.gif

Am I correct in thinking that it was you having problems with viewing videos? Because I had that earlier, I couldn't view it when originally posted, but then I could in a post with it quoted...