Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 04/02/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Stopped now but as some have noted ,sticking is not really happening anywhere other than cars and a bit of grass.Apparently lower level air temps are forecast to so i honesly,given enough precip,thinkwe will have a coovering come morn ..here certainly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

No idea what it's doing. I'm playing Call of Duty with the tunes on loud. Since some bugger has stashed my weather station I don't care either. :D

Posted

good inch or more now woooooohoooooooo,edit: looks like thats it for a wee whuile streamer ran out of steam..

I came on here at 12 when i noticed wild snow outside ..then saw the radar and realises that i am on the western flank of the stramer.... on well ....more more snow tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

big gap now as this latest band moves away,hopefully more to come but the big gaps in the bands is a tad annoying,not sure what crewe is on about with a streamer?

A streamer is setting up....you can see the precipitation on the radar out off the west coast. That'll just keep forming and piling in towards Manchester.

Posted

Oldham dwellers ..i know nothing of the area and i have to move rthere or that area of ast mancs [pref high up though for obvious preferences] .I was wondering on advice because im told some areas are really bad .If any contact could be made for advice on areas that would be welcome.ta

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No idea what it's doing. I'm playing Call of Duty with the tunes on loud. Since some bugger has stashed my weather station I don't care either. biggrin.png

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Go get'm Bt!

On another note, I'm quite disappointed with this polar Werly now. After that thundery shower earlier on, it's been dry apart from the odd heavy rain shower since.

Posted

Find it hilarious how showers from the east never really seem to get here, yet our Irish Sea streamer get's over the Pennines like they're not even there.

Clearly we're 'arder out west.

Posted

A streamer is setting up....you can see the precipitation on the radar out off the west coast. That'll just keep forming and piling in towards Manchester.

Cool ,what would I do without your info... epWhat you say about further streamer activity is thay simply from the onvective effect of wind .Forming cloyd and precipitation/moisture laden.ta

Posted

Is that true and if so why?What [topographical?]or whatever other factors would cause this ?

Edited by greybing

Posted

Meh, there's troughing injecting energy into that thing so it'll never really lose it's intensity whilst there's moisture for it to feed off. In a bit of a trolling mood, sorry! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

HAHA temp's gone up to 4.2C BOOOOOOOO.

Oh bugger it. I'm going to bed. I had high hopes for tonight but it's let me down again, there hasn't even really been any hail to speak of. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Cool ,what would I do without your info... epWhat you say about further streamer activity is thay simply from the onvective effect of wind .Forming cloyd and precipitation/moisture laden.ta

WHAT???? LOL.

Posted

Find it hilarious how showers from the east never really seem to get here, yet our Irish Sea streamer get's over the Pennines like they're not even there.

Clearly we're 'arder out west.

Hur, typical!

Posted

I'm hoping that reverse psychology will do the trick again, although I'm going to bed either way.

Posted

Oldham dwellers ..i know nothing of the area and i have to move rthere or that area of ast mancs [pref high up though for obvious preferences] .I was wondering on advice because im told some areas are really bad .If any contact could be made for advice on areas that would be welcome.ta

Not bad where I live in Scouthead, pretty high up and lots of snow, or any other Saddleworth villages.......... look on www.nestoria.co.uk

Grains Bar between Moorside & Denshaw is extremely high & snowbound too

Edited by Storm Animal