Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 04/02/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers

Some big snow showers have been rattling in to cumbria overnight....at last! And I have 4cms covering all surfaces.

More showers up wind so prospects are good.

Andy

Posted

ageed mucka very very disappointing but i did go on record yesterday suggesting it was going to be a non event,not sure what happened but the streamer most certianly did NOT set up as crewe cold suggested and we got about a cm here lol.

On a brighter note gfs 0z is a battleground from start to finish and the ukmo 0z run looks tremendous so more opportunities down the line!

You are always suggesting its going to be a non event. Happy days ain't, more like gloom and doom merchant.

As I suggested yesterday, some might wake up to whitish lawns due to hail and graupel at least as I have.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It's started snowing again here with near blizzard conditions but TBH in my immediate part of the world it has been a disappointment . We've currently got a couple of cm at best which is way short of both the forecast and the potential.

Well done to those who have seen more and obviously there is still time for upgrades but so fat a bit of a let down, certainly in OL13.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It's started snowing again here with near blizzard conditions but TBH in my immediate part of the world it has been a disappointment . We've currently got a couple of cm at best which is way short of both the forecast and the potential.

Well done to those who have seen more and obviously there is still time for upgrades but so fat a bit of a let down, certainly in OL13.

Stopped again, such is the nature of showers.

BBC forecast still showing snow across an area between Mersey and Ribble for much of the day but as is the nature with showers. Some will be ecstatic, some mightily peeeeeed off. Hopefully I'm in the former.

Posted

Hmmmm...surprised to wake up to what appears the same snow cover I left it last night before sleep. Radar loop show for once big beefy showers in northern Ireland dying out as they reach north west. Not sure if it could have turned sleety too.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

How muc snow cover has oldham got ?i got to travel up there . before 10.

Good covering but looks like the roads are fine

Edited by cfallon

Posted

How muc snow cover has oldham got ?i got to travel up there . before 10.

No problems getting off side roads for me, I expect main roads Will be fine. Will be heading for work in mcr myself soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

You are always suggesting its going to be a non event. Happy days ain't, more like gloom and doom merchant.

As I suggested yesterday, some might wake up to whitish lawns due to hail and graupel at least as I have.

I would of put good money on at ;east a covering of snow at this time and heavy snow falling. I never known this pattern not deliver before but every situation is unique I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Wow, talk about timing. Having posted that just had a complete whiteout and went from wet surfaces to everything covered in 5 minutes!

Still coming down though not as thick, hope it lasts.

Posted

Radar is showing the showers with a slight north of west alignment to them this morning.

How that effects potential IMBY remains to be seen but TBH I had a decent covering at home, about 5cm which is more than it appeared from inside the house but it was a strange mix of hail, sleet and snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers, cold winters.

nothing here, looks like a light duting of hail on the grass,thats about it.very windy though

Posted

Thundersnow stockport!!

Just saw a flash of lightning, no thunder here though. Snow stopped again :(