Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 04/02/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Oldham dwellers ..i know nothing of the area and i have to move rthere or that area of ast mancs [pref high up though for obvious preferences] .I was wondering on advice because im told some areas are really bad .If any contact could be made for advice on areas that would be welcome.ta

Yeah if you're looking at the Oldham area, Saddleworth is probably your best bet, some parts around the town can be a bit rough. The villages up this way are alright though.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Whatever's falling outside is among the heaviest and most severe weather I've seen. The wind and the precip. Actually took my breath away as I stepped outside. Absolutely mental!

Posted

Whatever's falling outside is among the heaviest and most severe weather I've seen. The wind and the precip. Actually took my breath away as I stepped outside. Absolutely mental!

indeed it's hailing relentless round these parts at the minute, glad I'm not out there.

Posted

the gritters here have plows on the front. they are expecting something big tonight as i aint seen em with plows for years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just had a major snowstorm here, horizontal snow blizzard!!! Quite warm to the touch lol....proper snow, covered car roof, and lightening again, no thunder though.

Posted

Just had a major snowstorm here, horizontal snow blizzard!!! Quite warm to the touch lol....proper snow, covered car roof, and lightening again, no thunder though.

Sounds just like the one I had. Shame it couldn't have lasted longer! Bring on the next shower I say! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I know!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Completly beyond me how leyland can have a blizzard, yet a few miles away in blackburn theres zilch, not a single flake has fallen all night.

Edited by chicken soup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Completly beyond me how leyland can have a blizzard, yet a few miles away in blackburn theres zilch, not a single flake has fallen all night.

Nature of showers, hit and miss.

They should pep up again in the next hour or so.

Posted

Yeah if you're looking at the Oldham area, Saddleworth is probably your best bet, some parts around the town can be a bit rough. The villages up this way are alright though.

Thing is im going to probably go the council/housing association route,I'll be renting and saddlewort looks unlikey as it's ,ive g

heard it's posh as hell,.I dont want to live on

a bad council estates[some are ok] but i want a nice council place in an areas not too bad area ...and ,ideally the higher the better .Sorry for hijacjking but i idid request pm's

Edited by greybing

Posted

The torrential hailstorm showers have done a pretty big number on the current temperature. From a rising 5.2C, in just the space of 7 minutes down to 2.1C. Mixed in with the hail where heavy flakes. In dry periods the temperature very quickly climbs back up...seriously not impressed.

Unfortunately the temperature is only going to head down, under very heavy precipitation, these showers are looking to be further and farther between where I am.

GFS wrong at least imby...

Posted

Temp here is close to zero. snow still on the ground.I could do with a few more precipitation events,namely snow.

Posted

Temp here is close to zero. snow still on the ground.I could do with a few more precipitation events,namely snow.

don't worry, that warmer air will be over you in no time haha :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A streamer possibly starting to set up to the south of manchester/ cheshire area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

This is rapidly turning into a damp squib.

DP is not below 0c here which is a real surprise and showers still infrequent and sleety.

Could still turn around but things had better kick off very soon.

This is rapidly turning into a damp squib.

DP is not below 0c here which is a real surprise and showers still infrequent and sleety.

Could still turn around but things had better kick off very soon.

ageed mucka very very disappointing but i did go on record yesterday suggesting it was going to be a non event,not sure what happened but the streamer most certianly did NOT set up as crewe cold suggested and we got about a cm here lol.

On a brighter note gfs 0z is a battleground from start to finish and the ukmo 0z run looks tremendous so more opportunities down the line!