Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 6th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Lovely morning! Waiting for my bus on the cliff road near my house looking out over the Channel...very calm, cold and sunny. Icy patches too :)

Posted

If you only read one post in the model output discussion thread today, this is the one:

A week is a long time in these type of winter synoptic situations so expect some more surprises over the coming days towards or away from milder solutions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

If you only read one post in the model output discussion thread today, this is the one:

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2590016

I can't access from this link, but I guess it's Gibby's post? In which case I totally agree. I like the fact he saves me a good hour or so each morning, as my thoughts and analyses end up being like his, so I now don't bother doing much chart analysis myself.biggrin.png

The same goes for yourself and JP here though, who do a lot of legwork (as well as others at times) Cheers!drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

A nice little link here:

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

to view the warm sectors and precipitation of the the low that doesn't even exist yet - (we are the small island located at the bottom right hand side of the picture) laugh.png

Everyones interested in what the low might bring sometime around the weekend - my guess... yes it's a guess... is that it's going to snow in my back garden possibly maybe an incy bit but I might have to check the radar a couple of times on Sunday. And if it's a rain turning to snow event over night I will be a happy bunny.. there's nothing like waking up to surprizes... travel mayhem, country grinding to a halt, Express headlines etc etc and then going out there to take pix and make a new snowman.

Fingers crossed good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

I have to say, within just a few days, Ryan Dutch Weatherman has become my favourite poster. Question is, is he really Dutch?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I have to say, within just a few days, Ryan Dutch Weatherman has become my favourite poster. Question is, is he really Dutch?

God knows - I did wonder myself too... He's certainly a ramper!

Posted

Morning guys, I have just finished browsing the MOD thread over the last 4 pages.

On one page " heavy persistent snow in SE later Sunday"

Next page "currently the SE looks the worst place in the country for snow"

Someone pass me a neurophen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

Hopefully that damn warm front will go somewhere else before Sunday, as basically that thing is the difference between rain to snow event or something very special. Are there are snow gods in any religions we can pray to?

Posted

I can't access from this link, but I guess it's Gibby's post? In which case I totally agree. I like the fact he saves me a good hour or so each morning, as my thoughts and analyses end up being like his, so I now don't bother doing much chart analysis myself.biggrin.png

The same goes for yourself and JP here though, who do a lot of legwork (as well as others at times) Cheers!drinks.gif

Yes, it's post 706 from Gibby who hails from the same town in the West Country as I do:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

i had a hunch he may be mr crazysnowfanman in disguise... I love reading his posts (-:

Posted

exactly dexter. i often pop in fiorst thing in the morning. The point scoring and sniping is definately getting worse and worse as the winter goes on. Think it is a case of look for the more seasoned posters of bftp and teits to bring some validity to what the charts are showing.

in some ways it would be ideal to have few models now and then we could all harp back to 1987 again or perhaps 1991

Posted

Still the sam thoughts as last night rain sunday. Turning to snow as the wind direction and cold air sets in monday am

Fax still looks the same this morning. Post charts tonight.

Also the mod thread will be area based hence the confusion in the posts on there at present

Posted

Collard Doves started nesting in the Gazebo today, did the same last year just before the Feb snow, this is clearly why GFS finally came on board today, oh that and someone sent them JP's posts LOLgood.gif

On the subject of animal behaviour, I am watching our hamsters closely, as they started nesting frantically about 5 days before the cold spell in January; of course I forgot to buy their proper 'bedding' stuff from Pets At Home last week, so it could be that nesting with wood shavings isn't quite as straightforward?

Posted

I can't rule out whether Dutch Weatherman might be an English man in disguise, although I think he is Dutch. However I don't know why a Dutchman is interested in English weather. Perhaps he feels sorry for us due our lack of snow over the years. Hope is he is right says we are in for a 'snow bomb' on Sunday and Monday!

Edited by pandit-scholar

Posted

I can't access from this link, but I guess it's Gibby's post? In which case I totally agree.

It is, he's the 'Ronseal' of all MOD posters :lol:

I can't rule whether Dutch Weatherman might an English man in disguise, although I think he is Dutch. However I don't why a Dutchman is interested in English weather. Perhaps he feels sorry for us due out lack of snow over the years. Hope is he is right says we are in for a 'snow bomb' on Sunday and Monday!

Don't get excited yet, there is a warm front mixed into the fax charts... Yes it will clear through and rain to snow.. But it may not and it could all be snow.. It looks good at the moment for ALL but the south east :)

Posted

Don't get excited yet, there is a warm front mixed into the fax charts... Yes it will clear through and rain to snow.. But it may not and it could all be snow.. It looks good at the moment for ALL but the south east :)

Just edited my previous post. Sorry dyslexic, thus missed a few words out (and writing from a mobile & the iOS autocorrect doesn't help).

As I said in an earlier post. Hopefully we can get rid of that warm front before Sunday. Otherwise it would be cruel luck for the east and southeast again!

Edited by pandit-scholar

Posted

Just edited my previous post. Sorry dyslexic, thus missed a few words out (and writing from a mobile & the iOS autocorrect doesn't help).

As I said in an earlier post. Hopefully we can get rid of that warm front before Sunday. Otherwise it would be cruel luck for he east and southeast again!

you know its always us down here that gets that dreaded warm sector.. and soon we will see those fricking (trying not to swear here) quotes of that bloody "south of the m4 corridor" pop up (someone bloody dig it up!!)

Posted

Still the sam thoughts as last night rain sunday. Turning to snow as the wind direction and cold air sets in monday am

Fax still looks the same this morning. Post charts tonight.

Also the mod thread will be area based hence the confusion in the posts on there at present

John would u agree that the UKMO handles Low pressure systems within 120hrs better than GFS and ECM.

I find the GFS and ECM more so, tend to over estimate and prog it as deeper. Also it has a more northerly bias until +24, therefore I'm thinking the mostly likely outcome is from the UKMO this morning!

Posted

I can't rule out whether Dutch Weatherman might be an English man in disguise, although I think he is Dutch. However I don't know why a Dutchman is interested in English weather. Perhaps he feels sorry for us due our lack of snow over the years. Hope is he is right says we are in for a 'snow bomb' on Sunday and Monday!

Someone should ask him to post in Dutch to see!