Snowangel-MK

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Hello again everyone. So, whats happening over the next few days?...Anything remotely exciting or is this average winter all but over?

Guest bjaykent

Hello again everyone. So, whats happening over the next few days?...Anything remotely exciting or is this average winter all but over?

Could you ask a harder question than that? who knows mate! acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi,

Do you......

1. Stare so hard into the garden sometimes that you start to see dots in front of your eyes and convince yourself it's snowing?
  2. Whoop with delight when a white feather floats down and catches your eye, only to then pretend that you were whooping aboout something else entirely as it clearly wasn't a snowflake?
  3. Flick from channel to channel watching the weather and only believe the one suggesting snow for your area?
  4. Stay up to silly hours (probably drinking) watching the snow fall in the light of a lamp post, blatantly refusing to go to bed for fear of missing one flake?
  5. Peep out of the curtains when snow is forecast but cover up your obsession to family and friends by making ridiculous excuses as to why you need to take more rubbish out/check the car/pop to the neighbours house etc?
  6. Head over to the model thread and ignore all of the negative posts but get excited about all the snowmaggeddon ones?
  7. Have more than one weather app on your mobile phone?
  8. Get more than just a little bit excited when anyone mentions pink blobs?
  9. Find yourself in the garden measuring snowfall and taking an unprecedented amount of pictures when it does settle?

If you can answer yes to any of these, you will find a strong family of like-minded people in here tease.gif

I fit all of them! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Awake again after 2 weeks .

Did some one say Pink Blobs?

:D

Posted

that T72 FAX was a surprise. exeter have other models at 3 day range which we wont see. lets see what the T96 looks like after 10pm. the ecm 12z is poor for us because the shape of the depression is more rounded compared to the 00z run. that brings warmer air into the mix. i hope the ecm ens dont support this shape to the depression or the 00z FAX for sunday may look a bit different. there will be more adjustments to sunday/ monday - certainly over the next 24 hours.

Posted

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a newbie!

been reading this and the model thread for a few weeks now and you guys in here seem a lot less scary to say hi to!!

I can't read the charts for toffee (im in the lampost watching club) but im trying to make sense of them and I really appreciate the posts which explain things in detail.

I'm in north Kent so I've got my fingers crossed with you guys for an exciting weekend!!

Where in North Kent? You may find my Weather Station of some use to you!

Links below.

Posted

Awake again after 2 weeks .

Did some one say Pink Blobs?

:D

Cor! Is that a rock band?

CD

Posted

Hi,

Do you......

1. Stare so hard into the garden sometimes that you start to see dots in front of your eyes and convince yourself it's snowing?
  2. Whoop with delight when a white feather floats down and catches your eye, only to then pretend that you were whooping about something else entirely as it clearly wasn't a snowflake?
  3. Flick from channel to channel watching the weather and only believe the one suggesting snow for your area?
  4. Stay up to silly hours (probably drinking) watching the snow fall in the light of a lamp post, blatantly refusing to go to bed for fear of missing one flake?
  5. Peep out of the curtains when snow is forecast but cover up your obsession to family and friends by making ridiculous excuses as to why you need to take more rubbish out/check the car/pop to the neighbours house etc?
  6. Head over to the model thread and ignore all of the negative posts but get excited about all the snowmaggeddon ones?
  7. Have more than one weather app on your mobile phone?
  8. Get more than just a little bit excited when anyone mentions pink blobs?
  9. Find yourself in the garden measuring snowfall and taking an unprecedented amount of pictures when it does settle?

If you can answer yes to any of these, you will find a strong family of like-minded people in here tease.gif

Ok, where's the camera???! I feel like im coming out now but........Yes to all but the last one, however I'm sure if this weekend comes off, that will be checked off too! so glad to see I'm not the only one who does those things, my family think I'm very odd, especially after I told my hubby I wanted a new weather app for my mobile on valentines day ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Ok, where's the camera???! I feel like im coming out now but........Yes to all but the last one, however I'm sure if this weekend comes off, that will be checked off too! so glad to see I'm not the only one who does those things, my family think I'm very odd, especially after I told my hubby I wanted a new weather app for my mobile on valentines day tease.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome to Net-Weather! Can you put your location into your profile, please?good.gif

Posted

Where in North Kent? You may find my Weather Station of some use to you!

Links below.

Hi, I'm originally from Bromley but moved to Rochester about 12 years ago. Thanks for the link and ill have a go at updating my profile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Just looked outside and it's snowing here and starting to sort of give a covering. Didn't really expect that!

Posted

nice to see Alex on look east joining the main weather on the subject of a possible snow fest for us Sunday /Monday at the moment!!

Posted

Looking sooo marginal for sun/mon, so I'm calling for a rain - rain event. Such a shame we don't have nice cold uppers like in 2010, although in 2010, didn't haave any ppn to go with the cold 850s, either one or the other living here. Must change my name to victor meldrew_2 I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Strange, settling here now on cars, and some on the ground!

nice to hear of some surprises today (-:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Been snowing heavily here now for about 20mins. Massive flakes :)

Posted

Snowing here, big flakes but still too warm to settle. 1.1c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still sleeting here but mostly rain I think, hope it changes soon, been getting a little colder all the time.