• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Not being funny there is a warm sector crossing us in the SE as temps are marginal for snow it only means one thing!!

Too much consumption of alcohol?

Black pavements?

Sledges left destitute in sheds?

NW forum members reduced to public humiliation as they snow dance?

Frankly, we, here in the SE are coping with it very well. YES, we were forecast a snowbomb, YES, we've watched it almost fizzle out before detonation... But.. And this is a BIG but.....

Us South Easterners, would rather have proper full fat snow than any potential awkward mix. And on that note I shall say goodnight and take residence on the 'step' for the duration.

... Oh, okay, we'd probably also celebrate a sighting of a flake.... Which may be followed up with pictures and a couple of whoops. (ok, I'm totally on the naughty step now, me and the naughty step are one)

Guest bjaykent

I actually think I love Dutch Ryan Weatherman, his optimism knows no bounds.. :-)

he's just great, reminds me of the crazy dutch bands of the seventies, I don't think he would be out of place in Focus or perhaps more appropriate Golden Earring - Radar Love! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well, £25 can get me to the top of the Shard in central London which is around 300m at the top, bound to be snowing up there!

On a more serious note, even though if it's looking wrong side of marginal from the models on the day, If the rain is heavy and persistent and the wind is light on Sunday the greater the evaporative cooling will be, thus the more likely the snow level will fall to the surface quite quickly. One thing the models can't quite get a grasp of on a local level.

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Too much consumption of alcohol?

Black pavements?

Sledges left destitute in sheds?

NW forum members reduced to public humiliation as they snow dance?

Frankly, we, here in the SE are coping with it very well. YES, we were forecast a snowbomb, YES, we've watched it almost fizzle out before detonation... But.. And this is a BIG but.....

Us South Easterners, would rather have proper full fat snow than any potential awkward mix. And on that note I shall say goodnight and take residence on the 'step' for the duration.

... Oh, okay, we'd probably also celebrate a sighting of a flake.... Which may be followed up with pictures and a couple of whoops. (ok, I'm totally on the naughty step now, me and the naughty step are one)

Sounds like you live life on the edge lol step/good girl/step/good girlacute.gif

Posted

No one seems to have a clue and it will be Lampost watching, however I shall be very very drunk by then.......................................

But will know by the time I wake up on Sunday afternoon.

Night all, hope most see a Snowflake at least. [i kept one from the earlier falls] blum.gif

Posted

he's just great, reminds me of the crazy dutch bands of the seventies, I don't think he would be out of place in Focus or perhaps more appropriate Golden Earring - Radar Love! smile.png

I agree, DRW is fast becoming a legend and as much as Radar Love should be an anthem for us on here, we must accept that it is in actual fact.... Pants. Perhaps, we should come up with our own (totally weather related, region specific and on topic) song!

Edited by Nikkib74

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Dutch Ryan interprets each one of the 20 ensemble members of the 18z GFS through music,

entitled Globus Flocus Slocus: And as you can hear, they're all over the place.

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted

Sounds like you live life on the edge lol step/good girl/step/good girlacute.gif

Steps are good, there's always the ones you've done and the ones you can still take ;-)

Posted

I agree, RDW is fast becoming a legend and as much as Radar Love should be an anthem for us on here, we must accept that it is in actual fact.... Pants. Perhaps, we should come up with our own (totally weather related, region specific and on topic) song!

Hey didn't Mr Blobby have a song ?and he was Pinkacute.gif

Guest bjaykent

Hey didn't Mr Blobby have a song ?and he was Pinkacute.gif

or Radar love featuring Mr Blooby - that would be a sound and sight to behold!

Posted

the most cracking post ive ever read in the mod THREAD ever

Listen boy this is serious model discus topic , here is not wisfull thinking topic .

Mayby for you better to watch sesamstraat , dont spoil please.Dont troll.

Literally.... Legend! He must never be allowed to leave the mod thread... Like.... Ever!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Could be some surprises me thinks come sunday night, peter gibbs has just shown snow on the bbc graphics for snow in east kent sun eve/night , were not showing this earlier this eve , has something changed to upgrade my area ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Would like to provide this website link if anyone is looking for weather graphics/animation.

http://www.mikeaffor...r-graphics.html

-----

Could be some snow around Saturday.

Reason to not worry about Sundays/Monday snow risk, we have 36-48hrs until the event and a lot can change, several model runs to go on some, It's happened in the past where heavy rain/sleet chilled the air turning rain to wet snow which settled, and last of all no one said it won't actually snow!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Literally.... Legend! He must never be allowed to leave the mod thread... Like.... Ever!

Can we adopt him as our Regional Mascot before one of the other lot get him?

Tom

Guest bjaykent

Could be some surprises me thinks come sunday night, peter gibbs has just shown snow on the bbc graphics for snow in east kent sun eve/night , were not showing this earlier this eve , has something changed to upgrade my area ????

Hi, yes the GFS 18Z earlier shifted the low further south and consequently the snow line including parts of east Kent but the usual reservations apply as it was the pub run. Hopefully other models tomorrow will follow suit.

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

gfs main run a warm outlier on the 11th fool.gif

and the evening of the 12th

makes the rest of the run fi

after the 13th - take you pick

about time i did a ramp chart

gens-18-1-312.png?18

gens-18-0-312.png?18

gens-18-2-312.png?18

drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

nae showing snow for our corner now at 48 hours sorry cant post chart could anyone else let me know what they think of this

Welcome to the forum.

Chart for 48hrs NAE 18z does show snow developing over SE/EA away from the south coast 1200hrs-1800hrs.

But what will it show after 48! i think once snow sets in then it's on!(rather then turning back to rain)

13021018_2_0818.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm