Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Right, off to do the mulled wine to warm up a bit, anyone for a glass or two? drinks.gif

It's a bit early for me but I wouldn't say no.....or to a glass of mulled wine angel.gif

When it's warned up can you pop it into the new thread please....I'm going to open one up now before I start getting ready to go out good.gif

New thread coming!

Please finish off any posts or hold off posting charts etc and I'll link new one shortly....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

100% Russian Standard sounds good enough for me, Tamara!

Well they need extra with all that Siberian cold *which always threatens to come this way from a week out but seems not to make it*ph34r.png

Posted

Air temps may be a bit to high to support settling snow? :/

Hi Surrey

On the face of it they do, but I have aways found Dew Point to be a more accurate indicator of potential for snowfall accumulation (I have seen snow settle at 2-3c when its heavy enough, of course with the caveat that once it stops snowing it tends to thaw!) - heavy snow tomorrow should accumulate, but we are not helped by the rain before hand in this sense. Fortunately given the timings, nocturnal cooling may aid this too!

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Those 'Met Office Updates' are the raw output from the UKMO model that we have just seen roll out. From taking a quick cross-section, it seems to be lighter snow but falling for longer.

Even more interesting is that the precipitation on Wednesday now looking more of a mixture of Rain/Sleet/Snow (and indeed mostly sleet/snow further N of our region) - could be a sign of the times again, with a couple of SWward trends over the past 24 hours for the midweek LP

SK

That indeed reflects the model output so far this evening - especially the UKMO

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Air temps may be a bit to high to support settling snow? :/

Will be alright if a heavy burst or 2 comes through, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here you all go>>>>>>>>>

Locking this one now!

Have a lovely Saturday night folks...drinks.gif