Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hmmmm. Latest NAE doesn't look good so far. Only out to midday Sunday but the snow risk looks to be much further North - http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&VAR=prty&WMO=&ZOOM=0&RES=0&PERIOD=&PANEL=0&ARCHIV=0&BASE=201302091200%26HH%3D24

Further north, with southerlies

I'll say it again as i've said all winter

NAE IS RUBBISH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But, looking at the projected uppers/DPs, any snow will be wet; it maybe even be sleet at sea level, and near S-/E-facing coasts?

Posted

And still the highest resolution models ebb and flow with the shortwave placement and shape. I expect the 18z will vary again though the spread of possible variables should be lessening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

by 6pm on 12z nae its starting to change to snow. very much like the bbc forecasts tbh, in terms of both timing and snow locations for our region.

edit: by 9pm our whole region (bar the south coast) is under negative dp's

post-15445-0-78549500-1360422312_thumb.g

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

Grrrrrrrr..... If one more person compares us to America!!!

We will hardly / if ever get that much snow, have you only just realised this!!

Nothing wrong with ramping for a poss 10cm - that's good for the SE! I love our weather and our unpredictable climate, couldn't care less whats happening in America!

Then ignore it! Other people are interested! I'm not comparing anything...... It's weather related.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Certainly feel the chill in whitstable now . Sky turning very cloudy and grey .... I can feel the snow :-)))

Posted

Then ignore it! Other people are interested! I'm not comparing anything...... It's weather related.

You said it puts things into 'perspective' that's comparing!

Anyway, 12z NAE shows the rain changing to snow across our patch from 6pm tomorrow which ties in with BBC forecasts

Posted

nice midnight sunday chart

post-15445-0-26504800-1360422448_thumb.g

post-15445-0-11173400-1360422541_thumb.g

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

This looks rather pleasantair_kiss.gif

13021100_0912.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm in negotiations for the Medway snow shield to be temporarly deactivated good.gif

I hear the very least the snow gods are accepting is £5million, 3 Lamborghinis, 1 yacht and bizarrely 3 free range eggs and some cinammon.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Hmmmm. Latest NAE doesn't look good so far. Only out to midday Sunday but the snow risk looks to be much further North - http://www.weatheron...302091200&HH=24

Much of the SE and EA will likely see rain at first, then gradually turning to snow as we head into late Sunday evening, as we start to see winds swing from SSE'erly more to an E'erly by early hours of Monday - which will drag in increasingly cold air off the Low Countries.

The boundary between rain/sleet and snow may extend further SW than MetO anticipate. It's still a changing situation right up to T+0!!

Will be frustrating for the authorities responsible for the Highways, as the initial rain may wash away any salt they put down too early!

Edited by Nick F

Posted

nice midnight sunday chart

post-15445-0-26504800-1360422448_thumb.g

Great minds and all thatwink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Massive event that's taken place in the States,So busy at work over the past week,Still can you imagine if we had to deal with this- -- - Boston-in-winter-537x387.jpg

That;s definitely shut the curtains and watch telly. Wife says can you wash the car tomorrow. . .. Ermmmm,

Posted

You said it puts things into 'perspective' that's comparing!

Lighten up. It's human nature to compare things. Whenever I get in the showers at the gym I see the other blokes with their sad resentful faces. It's just natural.

Posted

Massive event that's taken place in the States,So busy at work over the past week,Still can you imagine if we had to deal with this- -- - Boston-in-winter-537x387.jpg

That;s definitely shut the curtains and watch telly. Wife says can you wash the car tomorrow. . .. Ermmmm,

Awesome pic

Posted

The boundary between rain/sleet and snow may extend further SW than MetO anticipate. It's still a changing situation right up to T+0!!

much like this....

post-15445-0-27863700-1360422941_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I wouldn't go out in it. But there's no way my curtains would be shut, That is beautiful.

Posted

Just need to move south and west by 50 miled and then we are talking snow for almost everyone

I think that is entirely possible. I must admit yesterday things didn't look good at all for all of our region, but it seems we are getting the favourable final adjustments we need. Lets hope these continue to adjst westwards. The air over the continent is much drier and more conduisive for snowfall when temerpatures are hovering just above freezing and that in turns means that once the rain turns to snow with the lower dewpoints, that in turn pulls the colder boundary freezing layer down as wellsmile.png

I wouldn't take all the blue lighter areas literally as rain - especially at this distance on the NAE. Worth watching as this evolves further over the next 2hrs right up to the start of the event. The trend seems to be our friend and we could have turned what looked like a sows ear into a silk pursewub.png

Edited by Tamara Road