Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Freezing here in the chilterns. Had wet snow all morning. But nothing laid. Had a tweet to say the Gritters aren't Gritting tonight. But think they are going to regret it.

Temp 2.2

Dew point just below freezing

House even colder look

K x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Sleety all day here, eased off now, just cold and damp, a balmy 3.8oC in the shed now.

Posted

Freezing here in the chilterns. Had wet snow all morning. But nothing laid. Had a tweet to say the Gritters aren't Gritting tonight. But think they are going to regret it.

Temp 2.2

Dew point just below freezing

House even colder look

K x

A sure sign that snow is on the way. They only grit the roads when a light frost is expected.

Posted

Victor meldrew has the most apt name on the forum.

Good luck tomorrow. I think there will be some very variable reports across the region as opposed to jan when most got similar totals (apart from manutdmatt)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

the 12z nae precip accum chart is out. doesnt tell u if its snow/rain, just gives an idea as to where the heaviest precip will might be

post-15445-0-21719700-1360419823_thumb.g

and same chart zoomed in, but a bit harder to read:

post-15445-0-50930600-1360419876_thumb.g

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

Dull and drizzly here at the Brdige as we catch what is left of the decaying frontal system from the West and 4.2 degrees. On a brighter note, Sainsbury's are selling Piper Heidsieck champagne at £15 a bottle so the fridge is currently on danger money.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Snowing lightly here in Tunbridge Wells - didn't expect that! - v. small flakes interspersed with the occasional larger one.

Posted

Things a bit more cherry in here than they were yesterday! This is why I love the weather.. Can change right up to the last minute. Could be that Kent ends up with more than parts of northern England... Wouldn't have bet on that 24hrs ago !

Posted

Victor meldrew has the most apt name on the forum.

Good luck tomorrow. I think there will be some very variable reports across the region as opposed to jan when most got similar totals (apart from manutdmatt)

I'm in negotiations for the Medway snow shield to be temporarly deactivated good.gif

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted

the 12z nae precip accum chart is out. doesnt tell u if its snow/rain, just gives an idea as to where the heaviest precip will might be

post-15445-0-21719700-1360419823_thumb.g

and same chart zoomed in, but a bit harder to read:

post-15445-0-50930600-1360419876_thumb.g

Lol I'm right under the 31mm of precipitation wish it was all snow

Posted

Dull and drizzly here at the Brdige as we catch what is left of the decaying frontal system from the West and 4.2 degrees. On a brighter note, Sainsbury's are selling Piper Heidsieck champagne at £15 a bottle so the fridge is currently on danger money.

I have a bottle of that very Piper chilling right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

I have a bottle of that very Piper chilling right now!

Good for you BlizzardBelle. All it needs now is for my chili to simmer for three hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

UKMO have half of the SE getting snow:

post-14819-0-00962300-1360421221_thumb.g

Looks good for Essex, Herts and Kent, but Surrey, Berks, Hants and the Sussex's not so good.

Edited by i'm dreaming of...

Posted

Latest from Essex weather centre on twitter:

@EssexWeather: Met Office warnings revised based on new model data. Essex and Kent now likely to see worst of snow: http://t.co/zqmEqnhp

@EssexWeather: This will be a rain to snow event, how quickly the transition occurs still uncertain. Potential for 2-5cm, locally 10cm.

So, as expected really, more favourable for us, but less precip around. One thing I would say stands in our favour (and I'm probably beginning to sound like a stuck record on this for anyone who frequented the EA thread during the last cold spell) is that the circulation of the system currently takes the precip through the Thames estuary, and that will always provide the POTENTIAL for a few surprises - last time around we had about 4-8cm modelled for here...we ended up with 14.

Different situation this time, and as said above it will be rain to snow, so level of accumulation may not be as much as hoped

Nothing new information wise for us really, but I do like a good ramp from time to time...

SK

EDIT: And just to finish:

@EssexWeather: New data due from the Met Office in around 30 minutes. Worth noting that the warning may be upgraded to 'Amber' later today.

Edited by snowking

Posted

Hmmmm. Latest NAE doesn't look good so far. Only out to midday Sunday but the snow risk looks to be much further North - http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&VAR=prty&WMO=&ZOOM=0&RES=0&PERIOD=&PANEL=0&ARCHIV=0&BASE=201302091200%26HH%3D24