Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Truth be told If i had the choice i'd pull my funding/tax payers money for the met office, I'd hate to think what they'd forecast if we had the type of event that the ne USA is having. Would probably forcast a chance of snow, then loads of people would've died

lol. i dunno what some people expect from the metoffice. anyone can clearly see that todays warnings reflect the latest model output (high res). what are they meant to do instead? use a crystal ball?

they do their best. the weather is unpredictable

this pic sums up ne america...

post-15445-0-45261500-1360416552_thumb.j

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Methuselah, February 9, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Methuselah, February 9, 2013 - No reason given

Totally agree. Anytime of year this happens anything from went to east always fizzles out by time reach Norfolk suffolk. glad it does.

Posted this the other day, which is a repeat of what I said several days ago, and is looking like being spot on. Same old same old.

Edited by slater
Posted

my son has just factimed from hotel in new york...its not to bad in the city but further north its a no go he is hoping flight out will now go ahead....as for my region any snow event from the west is never going to snow me in lik e last time

very little here. still living the dream

Posted

Posted this the other day, which is a repeat of what I said several days ago, and is looking like being spot on. Same old same old.

Parts of Norfolk and Suffolk got pasted in January, didn't get anywhere near as much here on the West / Norfolk, North/ Cambs border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Just been washing the car, and it really is beginning to feel like spring is just around the corner. Feeling lovely in the warm sunshine.

and in contrast we have sleet here!

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Wet snow here on the south downs :-)

Posted

Parts of Norfolk and Suffolk got pasted in January, didn't get anywhere near as much here on the West / Norfolk, North/ Cambs border.

Got a total of 4" here, that's the deepest total in over 25 years. On average, everywhere does significantly better that imby, being the crappest location in the country.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, February 9, 2013 - No reason given

I haven't seen anyone slag off the amounts in the UK, it's just that if you are in this forum you clearly have an interest in snow, and as such a huge event is happening, it is perfectly natural for people to comment or be in awe of it.

The current storm in America was from two systems colliding that had already formed. It was clear to see the systems and the track they would take. The situation in the UK is different as the LP system hasn't formed so it's impossible to say precisely where the snow/rain will fall, hence why there has been many changes in the forecasts for it and it will no doubt still throw up some more surprises. That's why the MetO have struggled to be more precise with the current forecast for this up and coming event. I don't think the MetO have done too badly this winter at all smile.png

There's a thread on here, where you can express your "awe" about America receiving snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

From that some places could get 20cm!

The high resolution WRF model on meteociel looks great for our region - http://www.meteociel...eles/wrfnmm.php

with +15hrs of snowfall in places (-:

Edited by Pixel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Still a grey,dull day here,rather boring outside lazy.gif

Posted

Got a total of 4" here, that's the deepest total in over 25 years. On average, everywhere does significantly better that imby, being the crappest location in the country.

Sorry what is your location, doesn't come up on my mobile. The fact it's so flat here in the fens doesn't seem to help and East Norfolk catches the snow showers coming off the North Sea a lot more than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Come to mamma my big,huge snow clouds

Posted

Ahhh fun and games soo close to sussex haha

I'm totally useless at cryptic clues, so I have no idea what this is about. I would have been no use whatsoever at Bletchley during the war.

Edited by Gary_R_Walker

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Methuselah, February 9, 2013 - No reason given

I'm totally useless at cryptic clues, so I have no idea what this is about. I would have been no use whatsoever at Bletchley during the war.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Well it's positively spring like here in Ippy. I have just been sat in the garden having a ciggie. Very nice. Are we to expect snow in EA? :)