Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

What are the chances of snow on the downs between Brighton and Eastbourne ? Anybody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Morning everyone... after yesterdays 'will it won't it', hope everyone is ready for surprises (-;

Nice to hear some folk have actually seen a little of the white stuff today - Raining here at the mo yet remaining quite positive about Sundays chances of a covering of snow... Looks like it'll be down to lamposts and radar again, maybe a mulled wine too drinks.gif

Aye Pixel...It's all change today: it's now, 'won't it or will it'.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

MetO are suggesting Croydon Council prepare for heavy snow help.gifyahoo.gifclap.gifcold.gif

The intensity of the ppn will combine with the upper level cooling effect to produce snow. The low pressure coupled with the very cold air is very rigid, hence one of the reasons GFS is going for heavy snow.

This could all change in a few hours time, but it is showing heavy snow at the moment biggrin.png

Hmmmm,does seem like riding a bike tomorrow might not be a sensible decision,i can see me stuck here F5`ing today. :D

Posted

MetO are suggesting Croydon Council prepare for heavy snow help.gifyahoo.gifclap.gifcold.gif

The intensity of the ppn will combine with the upper level cooling effect to produce snow. The low pressure coupled with the very cold air is very rigid, hence one of the reasons GFS is going for heavy snow.

This could all change in a few hours time, but it is showing heavy snow at the moment biggrin.png

Got a feeling that there will be further corrections south and west for the main band of snow, so you might just miss out. Why do I say this? Well, that's been the story so far this winter with both this slider and the one in January and of course because I am south and west of you. Sleet/snow at the moment here in north Hampshire with lying snow above 600ft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

deleted due to dull and greyness

Edited by Pixel

Posted

Am I posting in the right place? Thought there was a topic London & the South East but there may have been a re-branding.

Currently v overcast and raining in Wandsworth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

So how much more of an upgrade do we need to see snow on the Sussex coast? Looking increasingly like one of those highly frustrating events where most of the region sees snow except south of the South Downs like February 07.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Unless we see a change in the output I feel many of us will be lucky to see 2cm let alone 5-10cm. Don't be fooled by the pinks on the NAE because this is just suggesting the type of precip falling. As I said in the model discussion thread the snow ratio is very poor. What you're going to need to see is like what happened in Nottingham recently where we have a period of heavy, sustained precip to bring lying snow.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the NAE and would use the link below instead.

http://www.wetterzen.../fsgfsmeur.html

hi teits

i agree that the light pinks can be quite deceptive on the nae but looking at the accum snowfall, it certainly doesnt seem OTT at all. it is very similar to the gfs precip link u gave above....

post-15445-0-93669800-1360407972_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

North and east london mentioned on latest bbc matt Taylor for 2-5cm or considerably more

was probably north and east of london

Posted

North and east london mentioned on latest bbc matt Taylor for 2-5cm or considerably more

Just like last time. But SW London ended up getting a real walloping too. Hopefully a repeat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

BOOOM! I'm slightly North and East of London! HAVE SOME!!! air_kiss.gif I'm sure a lot will still change as the day progresses.

Posted

was probably north and east of london

No he actually said East London, which is rather weird at this range!

Lots of changes to come, so to point point an area for the Heavier snow is a little premature at this stage!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Meto yellow warning has moved a lot further north of our region and now forecasting sleet for here....expected to come on here and see disappointment but still sounding quite optimistic?! So what we thinkin?!x

Posted

Updated Meto warnings.

Yellow warnings covering London, Kent, herts, Cambridgeshire etc.

Not so good areas to the SW of London.

This will change again anyway!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=ta&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-1.04&lat=52.85&fcTime=1360324860

Posted

London & South East England

snow-yellow.gifSnow 0600 on Sun 10 Feb 2013Open/Close

Issued at: 1115 on Sat 9 Feb 2013

Valid from: 0600 on Sun 10 Feb 2013

Valid to: 2359 on Sun 10 Feb 2013

Early rain over western Britain is expected to turn to snow as it spreads eastwards during Sunday. Snow cover is likely to be very variable, with some places seeing little settling, others 2-4 cm, and with the potential for 10 cm or more over parts of the Midlands, Kent an Essex, especially later in the day. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption, particularly to travel.

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Latest BBC weather does seem to show pittiful amounts of snow compared to before, im sure it's still likely to change

Posted

Phil Avery live broadcast just now.

Significant snowfall for Kent!

What a difference a day makes, yesterday it was the north Midlands for heavy snow and Kent just rain!

Posted

Meto yellow warning has moved a lot further north of our region and now forecasting sleet for here....expected to come on here and see disappointment but still sounding quite optimistic?! So what we thinkin?!x

Dont think the met have a clue tbh.

Changing their forecasts all the timenea.gif

Posted

Latest BBC weather does seem to show pittiful amounts of snow compared to before, im sure it's still likely to change

Yes the graphics didn't really reflect what he was saying!