Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunder ~ both together would be great !

Just been to the doctors who's told me to watch what I eat...

so have booked tickets to Newbury races tomorrow...

Will they be on???

Wonder if canter-con-carnie is on menu

Posted

I don't get what all the doom is about. Just spoke to CWT2012 who assured me that the USA storm is going to intensify as it crosses the Atlantic and we could well see 2m of snow in some places early next week.

Posted

There's plenty of Kent slappers out there your not looking hard enough smile.png

Anyone see look east or bbc London? What did they say?

bbc south east saying we are going to see very heavy rain....boring. you can keep that. It's always us lot isn't it. Boo! The best bit is the presenter looked pleased about it - is she on commission?

TYPICAL, TYPICAL, TYPICAL.

Edited by Simonl

Posted

I don't get what all the doom is about. Just spoke to CWT2012 who assured me that the USA storm is going to intensify as it crosses the Atlantic and we could well see 2m of snow in some places early next week.

Eh ?? I thought he was in Bangkok fool.gif

Posted

bbc south east saying we are going to see very heavy rain....boring. you can keep that. It's always us lot isn't it. Boo! The best bit is the presenter looked pleased about it - is she on commission?

TYPICAL, TYPICAL, TYPICAL.

Simoni. Can you put your location in your profile or signature please. Makes it a lot easier when we are trying to follow events. Ta good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Nice ...... that'll be on someone's chart shortly. So we can expect another "shower" then rofl.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

ooooooooooh!

Heard rain on the window, went for a walk and saw massive snow flakes falling against the lamp light. Then it turned to light rain and stopped snowing :(

Posted

Will they be on???

i had a bet today

i couldnt win a sausagerofl.gif

Guest bjaykent

Will they be on???

bet on anything with 'Find' or 'Us' in the namebad.gif

Posted

One thing I always try to do with these events is too pattern match against a similar synoptic chart or event from the past and see how they played out

The Results Are NOT Good People

A very very close match was from end of February 2001 - That event was great for the North and Scotland and left us with dribs and drabs as the very similar LP Moved away

Judge for yourself from the Youtube Clip

Posted

Is that when we had better forecasts? Actual forecasters and not tarted up presenters? Proper weather maps and England was actually green?

Shock horror :D

Posted

The 25 Hottest Female Athletes to Show Some Skin(Rant Sports)

NICE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

"so have booked tickets to Newbury races tomorrow...

Will they be on???"

UH,

Yes, no problems expected, they'll be under starters orders at 1.15. The starter being a Tesco burger of course!

If you are going you might want to have a little investment on Fred The Shred (1.50 Newbury).

Allegedly, BFTP has already done this to his Winter LRF, only joking Fred, still a few furlongs to go!

Have a small forecast with Water Garden in the same race, as seemingly they'll be plenty of that in our respective ones Sun/Mon.

Play up your winnings on Wishfull Thinking (3.00 Newbury), we're all going to be doing that this week-end.

And finally how about a touch of Pure Science (4.40 Newbury), who needs Computer Forecast Models!

If that lot win I'll see you all in Lappland. But then I can't tip myself out of bed! biggrin.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

I think we are looking at rain here on the south coast for sun and Monday : ( but what I find interesting is that on the bbc weather both at 20.30 and 21.00 they only show as far as tomorrow night. They just mention that the midlands and north look likely to be in the firing line but to keep updated......... Do you think they could be keeping an open mind about any developments?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

I think we are looking at rain here on the south coast for sun and Monday : ( but what I find interesting is that on the bbc weather both at 20.30 and 21.00 they only show as far as tomorrow night. They just mention that the midlands and north look likely to be in the firing line but to keep updated......... Do you think they could be keeping an open mind about any developments?

Still a lot of uncertainty for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

that reminds me,must pick up some Butlins brochures next time i'm in town!

Didn't realise that back then they let the presenters bring their dogs in the studio with them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Certainly looks like they are uncertain, they would normally show the whole weekend today, lets hope that means they are seeing changes.

For the better for us that is, don't want it to get worse lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

:-) SNOW icons on my met app now. Tomorrow evening and sunday. Even 2 flakes sunday evening I now. Where's that change appeared from. Oh and Monday too

Kx

Edited by Katie Court