Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Snow stopped here now. That's 4 hours of snow and probably longer as its was snowing at 5am. The radar is looking very good for about an hours time.....

Posted

Bit more to come for here, but I think Newcastle looks best placed for an additional inch!

Posted

We appear to be just too far North here to have got thr heavier precipitation ,we had a dusting this morning but although we have had snowfall most of the time it has been mainly light and with the temperature rising it has been slowly thawing.I love snow but I could do with some sunshine and warmth now-a pipe dream?

Edited by Rollo

Posted

Thaw is setting in quicker now, for how heavy and persistant this snow was, not an awful lot has been added to the covering that was there so thats the only disapointment really and perhaps sums up the winter as a whole of these marginal set ups.

Would of been interesting how much snow we would of had if the conditions were on the right side of marginal.

Be going to Low Fell soon, so be interesting how much more snow will be up there compared to down here.

That said, a nice surprise and we may even see a bit of sunshine this afternoon looking at the cloud images!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Heavy snow here again 9/10. Radar shows this will last for about an hour with some red intensity in the core.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Turning brighter here now with the sun trying to break through

There is very little on the radar for this part of the region further north and west will keep the snow for a bit longer but its coming to an end slowly but surely

This is the radar for 12:45 (red dot is darlo) the north sea hasn't got much left now

satradar_zps9d88c3a7.png

Expect the thaw to fully set in this afternoon turning it all to slush

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Had a few flurries in Keswick like yesterday, great to see the NE getting hammered again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Judging by the radar it looked convective/showery in origin until around 3-4am and then turned persistent. I've got no lying snow down here in North Yorkshire but have had some snow flurries. Looks like I may not have missed too much as of course I used to live in Cleadon which is only about two miles inland.

Posted

Still moderate snow here now but looks to be clearing in about half an hour or so.

Met office need to get the slippery roads warning's out tonight.

Posted

Not a bit of snow left on the road or pavements around here now its melting as quickly as it fell

Temperature is 4.0°C according to the weather station in town - http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICODURHA2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My friend in Newcastle reports 8/9cm at the University of Newcastle this morning! Was it really that much! Quite unexpected!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Snow has now melted here

Posted

Snow has now melted here

Same here hardly anything left now, but this is late February so I'm not surprise by how quick it has gone