Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

Another terrible performance from Boro, we have lost the most games out of the top 8 teams in the league. What a joke! We're quickly eradicating our good start, we are in danger if missing out on the play offs I reckon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Another terrible performance from Boro, we have lost the most games out of the top 8 teams in the league. What a joke! We're quickly eradicating our good start, we are in danger if missing out on the play offs I reckon

Same old same old happens every year good up to Christmas rubbish from January onwards, thankfully Main will be back on Tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

I've put yesterdays results into the computer and the ensembles do not make pretty Reading.

They point to a massive shower over Burnley on Tuesday. Then sporadic outbreaks of sunshine for the rest of the season but with overriding low expectations the theme persists.

The pub run has us finishing sixth though!

Posted

Both of the darlington stations are back again

Darlington one is showing 3.0c - Newton Aycliffe is reporting 3.2c

Pierremont one is showing 3.4c - Newton Aycliffe is reporting 3.2c

I will be monitoring the Darlington one over the coming days to see how reliable it looks

Posted

BBC weather for the week ahead

Turning colder

Increasing cloud

Cold wind

Best of the brightness in the west

Another dry week is looking likely which should give the UK its 2nd successive below average month for rainfall

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

MO thread: posters didn't buy into Steve M's ramping, so he's thrown his toys out of the pram and left till next winter! LOL

hes bk lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
Posted

Current alert level: Level 2 - Alert and Readiness

Issued at: 0845 on Mon 18 Feb 2013

There is a 70% probability of severe cold weather between 0000 on Wednesday and 0800 on Friday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Turning colder across all areas by Wednesday as an easterly wind regime develops across England. Widespread overnight frosts are expected with a few light snow showers likely over some eastern parts of England from Thursday. However, at this stage, disruptive accumulations of snow are not expected.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/cold-weather-alert/#?tab=coldWeatherAlert

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

http://www.rmets.org/director-forecasts-ecmwf

posted incase anybodys interested in a new job lol

Posted

Today as turned out much better than I was expecting the sun started to break through around lunchtime and from 13:00 its been wall to wall sunshine

The rest of the week isn't looking so good Tuesday should start sunny but cloud will increase during the day as the cold front moves in once it does the brightest places this week are likely to be south west England and north West Scotland

Posted

nice n crisp out there currently 2 degrees looks a little misty too

Posted

-4c it got down to last night lovely frosty sunny morning

Posted

-4c it got down to last night lovely frosty sunny morning

Yes it was cold and crisp this morning lovely out there now though this is likely to be the last sunny day of the week I fear

Now a few days back I said I would be monitoring the 2 weather stations in the town which I have and my conclusion is below

The Darlington one (Elevation 57m) is certainly been affected by the sunshine in some way its currently at 11.4c and rising - http://www.wundergro...p?ID=ICOUNTYD18

The Pierremont (Elevation 12m) one is not been affected by the sunshine and thats showing 6.3°C - http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=ICODURHA2

Now comparing them to the ones in Newton Aycliffe one Elevation 100m is showing 5.2c and another is showing 6.7c

The Pierremont one is the best to follow but its always best to check with a thermometer as well

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Looking to my east and it appears the cloud is rolling in over tees side best make the most of the sun here in Darlo it looks like it will be coming to an end during the afternoon

Posted

The cloud rolled in at about 10-30 and it's been grey and grisly since then with the odd drop of drizzle in the wind,current temperature 5.5c. Just the sort of weather I dislke.

Posted

The cloud rolled in at about 10-30 and it's been grey and grisly since then with the odd drop of drizzle in the wind,current temperature 5.5c. Just the sort of weather I dislke.

Rolled in around 13:00 here what a difference from this morning

Posted

Yes it was cold and crisp this morning lovely out there now though this is likely to be the last sunny day of the week I fear

Now a few days back I said I would be monitoring the 2 weather stations in the town which I have and my conclusion is below

The Darlington one (Elevation 57m) is certainly been affected by the sunshine in some way its currently at 11.4c and rising - http://www.wundergro...p?ID=ICOUNTYD18

The Pierremont (Elevation 12m) one is not been affected by the sunshine and thats showing 6.3°C - http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=ICODURHA2

Now comparing them to the ones in Newton Aycliffe one Elevation 100m is showing 5.2c and another is showing 6.7c

The Pierremont one is the best to follow but its always best to check with a thermometer as well

yeah a i agree the new one wasnt even working this morning infact last night i checked it and it hadnt updated

for 9 hours im looking to purchase a proper one in the next few months http://www.amazon.co...61289072&sr=8-4

what you reckon

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

yeah a i agree the new one wasnt even working this morning infact last night i checked it and it hadnt updated

for 9 hours im looking to purchase a proper one in the next few months http://www.amazon.co...61289072&sr=8-4

what you reckon

Looks ok that one, have you had a look on Maplin's website I know they sell them

Posted

I will be very annoyed if all we get for the next few days is this damp drizzly mess of weather, after the beautiful start we had this morning as well. I was just enjoying the roads being dry for once and then literally everything is sogging wet again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Gorgeous mild day in leeds today, but got back to drizzly fog in Newcastle this evening.

Posted

A damp and cloudy start in Darlo after the cold front brought some light drizzle overnight

I am hopeful we will see a bit of brightness later this afternoon

Currently 2.8c

Posted

i would say thursday might be the best day for some sunshine, im hopeful we might see some snow fri/sat not much tho but you

never no

Posted

i would say Thursday might be the best day for some sunshine, I'm hopeful we might see some snow fri/sat not much tho but you

never no

Just got back from Teesside park and the sun was breaking through down there its a chilly wind but it felt nice in the sun. I agree that tomorrow looks good for some sunshine espically in the afternoon

The met office have a level 3 cold weather alert out now

Current alert level: Level 3

Issued at: 0937 on Wed 20 Feb 2013

There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions between 0900 on Wednesday and 0700 on Sunday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Turning colder across all areas through the remainder of the week with cold conditions looking set to continue into the start of next week. Rather cloudy conditions are expected too with the best of any bright or clear spells across western parts. It will remain dry and settled for most through this period although there will be a few snow flurries at time, particularly for eastern areas.

At this stage, disruptive accumulations of snow are not expected but some localised slight accumulations are possible. Brisk easterly winds will also exacerbate the cold feel, especially in southern areas where penetrating overnight frosts are likely. Untreated roads and pavements are likely to be icy over the next five days. No major disruption from snow is expected.

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

The latest BBC weather forecast on BBC one shows the snow confined to NE England, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire where it may turn heavier on Saturday, they show no snow for the south on Saturday as things stand