Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East/East Anglia Regional Discussion 10/02/13 19z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Seems you lucky guys down south west essex/herts/bucks way are having a good pasting! feel bad for our friends up norfolk/suffolk way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

blob is coming!

SNOWBLOB?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

chucking it down here and settling readily which is a surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Good grief. Just about to bail out for the night, now we have the heaviest snow so far today. Anyone else in Essex getting this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Flooding is the word in Brighton at the moment , rain rain rain , guess it might be the end of the winter roll on spring I guess

Wel seeing as for our area this has been the 4th let down this winter I'm with you on this! Least I can get back fishing again on the marina down there:-))

Posted

Still find it amazing that I went to the shop at 6pm, chucking it down, massive puddles and everything, it's all white out there now. Heaviest snow since dec 2010, that was amazing though, only snowed for a little while and about 8 inches fell, although feb 2009 was deeper.

Would take this winter over most tbh, even though it hasn't been anything spectacular.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
SpongeBobSquarePants.jpg

Posted

Good grief. Just about to bail out for the night, now we have the heaviest snow so far today. Anyone else in Essex getting this?

Yes. A very snowy scene here.

Over 5cm here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Yeah been pounding it down for ages, Epping is doing better than me though with better elevation. Only 2 miles away arrggh

Posted

Past 4cm here and on the way to 5cm pretty quickly. Intrigued that the temp/DP hasn't really changed much here since 8pm barely below 0c and I think come tomorrow morning it'll rise those few degrees to make it slush fest very quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Well i can almost say it........WHITEOUT....:-)

Posted

Has been snowing in Hemel Hempstead for about six hours and still coming down strongly. Cover is about 4cm or so....would have been a lot more had it not been melting away on the wet surface below. I am sure it will be deeper just up the road in the higher part of the Chilterns. Anybody up there with their ruler?

Yeah I'm up here on the Ridgeway, strong wind so drifting but in the sheltered spots it's upto 5cm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Seems you lucky guys down south west essex/herts/bucks way are having a good pasting! feel bad for our friends up norfolk/suffolk way

Norfolk and Suffolk already had snow events this winter can u feel sorry for us please lol I've had to lampost watch about 7hours of melting snow :-((((((((

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Really fine but lots of it in Braintree blowing around in the wind, a covering on the grass but paths are just a slush mix....do we expect some heavier snow during the early hours?