Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th February 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...

post-10773-0-08794000-1360605803_thumb.j

....please remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out so can we keep things light and topical and avoid any personal remarks - Thanks good.gif

Link to the previous one….

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The first decent North Sea convection so far this winter and it's poxy sleet.

Posted

Just to nip that Jonathan Powell quote in the bud, there's not a chance of eight inches of snow anywhere in our region tonight. Jonathan Powell is the Daily Express's go-to man for any sensational, over-hyped weather story. I would ignore it frankly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Jonathan Powell will always refer the South-East as being in the firing zone for snow because he knows damn well that the civilian population is far greater with companies all begging at his feet for a sniff of his infamously sh*t weather forecasts.

Posted

First one in.......and it is STILL snowing here in Nw London. Incredible

Yes it's been snowing most of the afternoon while I was at my sisters in Radlett.

Useless snow though, doesn't settle but looks pretty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Looks like snow, falls like snow, settles like raintongue.png

Guest bjaykent

Jonathan Powell will always refer the South-East as being in the firing zone for snow because he knows damn well that the civilian population is far greater with companies all begging at his feet for a sniff of his infamously sh*t weather forecasts.

More likely to see Thames freeze over or Hell freeze over for those of a religious persuasion. Hit the ignore button every time where Jonathan Powell is concerned. diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Definitely snow in Strood!

It looks more like rain than even sleet now to me? It's definitely not snow, I am on the lower side of Strood though, if you're higher up thats probably making the difference

Edited by Daniel Smith

Posted

It looks more like rain than even sleet now to me? It's definitely not snow, I am on the lower side of Strood though, if you're higher up thats probably making the difference

I'm not far from Rochester airport.... It's crazy that in such a small distance it can make such a difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

I have a temp 1c and DP 0c. It's dark raw and merky. Really starting to look forward to the light warm evenings, and the smell of freshly cut grass and BBQs. I love winter, and starting looking for the nights drawing in in August, but this winter seems to have dragged on and on as others have said. Maybe it's the lack of sunshine. Even sunny crisp days seem in short supply this winter.

Posted

I'm seeing a lot of people mentioning Wednesday night, but the Met are forecasting temps of 8 degrees Thursday and Friday so 'if' there is anything it will be extremely short lived surely? At least last nights covering stayed around for a couple of hours today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

18.00 radar returns look a bit more lively, down the river east of London.

Wouldnt be surprised to see a dusting or so in some areas, London > east.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I'm not far from Rochester airport.... It's crazy that in such a small distance it can make such a difference

At my mums in kitchener road Strood looks sleety

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Definitely snow in Strood!

In your part but might not be in the town centre for example as it's low down and by the river? The road by the a2 should be more white thou

Posted

Flooding and Potholes seem to be the main issues here this evening. Where the Snow has melted if you walk on the mud you almost sink into the ground, the water table must be saturated to the top.

Some pretty impressive water run off as well, and the roads are an absolute disgrace, btw you can sue your local council if you get damage to your car from these monsters, there is one on the inside lane of the A127 Between Wickford and Rayleigh Weir that is almost the size of the inside lane and is about a foot deep, one of my friends has already smashed his wheels up on his BMW! Claim sent to the council already! Mwahaha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

On my way to Swindon this evening by train but when I was leaving chessington there was snow blowing around on the air all be it very very light but snow none the less