Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th February 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Snow Shield breached here

fat flakes falling fast

Posted

Well that was short lived 2/3 hours of snow? No way.. .20 - 30 mins yes lol!

We've managed 3 hours of snowfall here, started at about 2:30 and slowly dying away now.

Have managed to get a nice covering, may be 15 minutes or so more of light snow before its passed through, happy to have got this much as until today I didnt realise the threat existed for snow and it was never predicted to be a big snowfall for here. Temp down to 0.6 now, hopefully the snow can stick around on the ground until I go out at 7, should do.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

NAE correct again

Posted

NAE correct again

That's right and UKMO is going for colder conditions from next Tuesday from the East, but GFS 12z does not want to know. It will be interesting what ECM 12z shows in a few hours time. Have you got this inner feeling ECM will carry on with the Beast From The East theme? biggrin.pngcold.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

snowing lightly

Posted

That's right and UKMO is going for colder conditions from next Tuesday from the East, but GFS 12z does not want to know. It will be interesting what ECM 12z shows in a few hours time. Have you got this inner feeling ECM will carry on with the Beast From The East theme? biggrin.pngcold.gifcold.gif

Given what the pros have posted (Steve Murr and John Pike) I am buying the ECM version (I wouldnt pay much though). The GFS can go and do one

I thinks this isnt bad ????

13021318_1312.gif

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Light snow here, snow shield is broken! (For now :p)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

The lightest of snizzle falling in Dartford now

Posted

Some nice heavy snow falling now from backbuilding (not the right term but..) on the band. A last hoorah before it moves away.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Its just about cleared the West/N West of London now but nice while it lasted. All things considered its been a fairly decent few days for this part of town. Can't complain at all really.

Im just trying to trawl through some of my old photo's to see what I can add to mark my 1000th post. Weather/scenery related obviously.

Posted

Snowing lightly in Croydon biggrin.png

Get ready for the Beast From The East next week cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I'm the most easterly member of Netweather so I will be keeping an eye open for that beast and let you know when he arrives. Latest weather from here is no snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Very light snow here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Some nice heavy snow falling now from backbuilding on the band. A last hoorah before it moves away.

Yes Hughsey, same here. Really did not expect 3 and a half hours snow though today and I have just a little inkling that this may not be the last fall of this winter.

Guest archiesmummy

Just started lightly snowing here and also in Enfield but looking at radar won't last long and next lot will be rain, still is prettier than just rain!

Snowing lightly in Croydon biggrin.png

Get ready for the Beast From The East next week cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Ready and waiting!