Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th February 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

if only those uppers where down by the thames right now, wind perfect for streamer. No chance of one happening.

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

V light flurry / snow grains here at the mo. Temp only risen to +0.6c so far and snow remains on grass and is hardly melting at all today

Posted

Really surprised at the snow cover remaing here!

Hardly any melt except for paths and roads! Epping Forest still looks like a Christmas card scene while i was walking the dog. Lovely!

Posted

A couple of 0.s warmer then yesterday, but it feels much colder and the house just won't warm up.

Guest bjaykent

Really surprised at the snow cover remaing here!

Hardly any melt except for paths and roads! Epping Forest still looks like a Christmas card scene while i was walking the dog. Lovely!

Hi Dexter, glad to hear you still have snow there, mine had completely gone by midday yesterday just shows how much 50 to 100m of height helps in marginal events!,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

We have light sleet here. Quite a raw and unpleasant day, all in all.

Posted

Snow still holding on Colley and Reigate Hills - looks very wintry up 'high'. I stopped off at Reigate Hill car park on the way home from an early finish at work last night about 5:30 and although it was almost dark the snow produced a grey-white spectral dusk that held on longer than elsewhere. There was about 2.5cm of lying snow, a damp frigidity to the air and enough moisture to coat the car in water droplets that I suspect were tiny snow grains melting on contact.

Just got back from the cornershop and one or two tiny light snow grains in the air. Grey skies. Raw and cold.

AS

Posted

Very grey here in the City. BT Tower slowly disappearing in the distance......

Where is it off to?rofl.gif

Posted

Hi Dexter, glad to hear you still have snow there, mine had completely gone by midday yesterday just shows how much 50 to 100m of height helps in marginal events!,

Yeh it's such a difference, I work nights around the Stratford(east London) area and there was only a very small amount last night there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Back from Holland. Very cold there! Minus 3!!

Whats the outlook like now for se

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Where is it off to?rofl.gif

My direction I can just about see it from Euston Tower. What a horrible drab day it is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms

Anybody have any thoughts re tomorrow and Thursday? What are the chances of more snow for this region? I've read the thoughts on Weather Action.

no snow in the southeast just rain

Posted

Anybody have any thoughts re tomorrow and Thursday? What are the chances of more snow for this region? I've read the thoughts on Weather Action.

North of the region Esp Chilterns could see 2-3hrs of snow starting around lunchtime. All areas of the UK will see this turn to rain through the evening though with a thaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

My other half just messaged me saying it's snowing in gravesend nothing in Dartford, shame perfect wind direction going to waste

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Edit- It's started in Dartford too now!:-) nothing to get excited about very light snizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Still getting the dull forecasters and news reporters on BBC sighing relief that the cold is coming to an end and the mild is returning for thursday. Do they not know we are still in winter and therefore it's expected to be a little cold?

"Some more snow on the way for Wednesday night, but at least it will turn milder for Thursday which will please most of us"

Shut it!

-Rant over-

Posted

Still getting the dull forecasters and news reporters on BBC sighing relief that the cold is coming to an end and the mild is returning for thursday. Do they not know we are still in winter and therefore it's expected to be a little cold?

"Some more snow on the way for Wednesday night, but at least it will turn milder for Thursday which will please most of us"

Shut it!

-Rant over-

At least they realise it doesn't please everyone lol.

I would think a few people would have prefered the transition to high pressure without the rain first, ground still needs to dry out a bit.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

nae take on wednesday

13021312_1206.gif

13021318_1206.gif

13021400_1206.gif

Do you concur John?

I think the NAE has been pretty good this season, well it been the best of the models even at close range

Edited by fluid dynamic