Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Has anyone noticed that temps are still close to freezing across the midlands and north of england!now whats interesting is the fact that the cold front is very close by now and yet temps are still very cold!!maybe a chance this next front can fall as snow!!leeds and bradford are still reporting temps of 0 degrees and the front is just a few miles away!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and cold

I have noticed that also no sign of a thaw here yet and no rain at all it did turn slightly to rain but now nothing no heavy rain nothing not even snizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Don't forget me Supacell x

How could i forget you. I'll be taking you with me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Has anyone noticed that temps are still close to freezing across the midlands and north of england!now whats interesting is the fact that the cold front is very close by now and yet temps are still very cold!!maybe a chance this next front can fall as snow!!leeds and bradford are still reporting temps of 0 degrees and the front is just a few miles away!!

1.6C here in the west with rain closing in, 2cms of slushy wet snow long gone, no way will next front fall as snow! not even high up

Posted

Been an odd day in Shrewsbury

What was there has thawed. Very localised event even in just the town though, quite interesting

It certainly was weird, leaving a full snowcover here in Harlescott to find only a smidgen left in Monkmoor, and nothing at all at Meole. This was around 3pm, about 2 hours after it stopped snowing here. It apparently turned to rain and thawed in town while still snowing here too. Thats barely 2 miles away!

Posted

Supacell I would like nothing more xxxx

Have you had a thaw yet there's no heavy rain here and no sign of a thaw x

Its thawing quite quicky here, i can hear it pouring off the roofs and its raining lightly. Still white on the ground though but probably not for much longer :(

Bish, i would reckon the tour driver would be driving lol. I drive and chase in the uk, but in the US i would leave it to the experts. Need to do a bit of saving first though.

Posted

It certainly was weird, leaving a full snowcover here in Harlescott to find only a smidgen left in Monkmoor, and nothing at all at Meole. This was around 3pm, about 2 hours after it stopped snowing here. It apparently turned to rain and thawed in town while still snowing here too. Thats barely 2 miles away!

barely any snow all day at work just 5 miles west of shrews in hanwood today , just shows how marginal things can be

Posted

It has been raining on and off all night from what i can tell (although i have been asleep lol) but there is still snow on fields and gardens. The road and pavement is completely clear now though. I didn't expect to see anything left this morning here, I bet the Peak District still has a decent covering.

Posted

Very heavy rain overnight means hardly any snow is left this morning, just a few patches here & there.

Looking forward to seeing some sunshine today :)

Bish

Posted

Well yesterdays snow was far better for us in Nottingham than the non event that was sunday. Sods law it was just so short lived.

Looking forward though to a few days of dry & less cold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It has been raining on and off all night from what i can tell (although i have been asleep lol) but there is still snow on fields and gardens. The road and pavement is completely clear now though. I didn't expect to see anything left this morning here, I bet the Peak District still has a decent covering.

Yes, plenty of snow left here. Averaged undrifted depth is just over 12cm; 99% cover.

The snow is thawing steadily though.

Posted

Well yesterdays snow was far better for us in Nottingham than the non event that was sunday. Sods law it was just so short lived.

Looking forward though to a few days of dry & less cold weather

0ther way round here, mainly, anticyclonic gloom for foreseeable future, from tomorrow really, relief to have little if no rain, but shame likely to be no sun either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A lovely day thus far here in Falmouth. The sun feels nice and warm and there is barely a breeze! Early taste of spring! biggrin.png

Been 11c down here today. Noticeable warmth in the sun now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Not to bad here today patchy cloud and a bit of a breeze temp around 8c

its just been nice to see the sun cool.png

Posted

what a difference a day makes..this time yesterday 0c and Snow. Now +7c dry and springlike.

That's february for you, this setup in Nov-Jan would not feel springlike, anyway ash wednesday is kinda first day of spring, lent

Posted

rofl.gif

Gotta love the weather, it really was something I've never seen before in this town

Anyway, been a lovely day today, one of the best in months