Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Quiet on here, last night my coldest of season at -6.0C, now -4.5C with freezing mist, strong Feb sun should burn this off

Somewhere colder than me, min -5.8c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Been out today with the family up the likey hills just west of brum to those who do'nt know,

well what a lovely day and still snow up there in the shaded areas mind you, not really looking forward to the grey and the cold now after the sunny day that we had today

nice while it lastedcool.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

decent day again with Strong Feb sun burning off low cloud, max 3.7C, still feel rain tomorrow morning then drier later, grim days coming back

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

decent day again with Strong Feb sun burning off low cloud, max 3.7C, still feel rain tomorrow morning then drier later, grim days coming back

Strong is not an appropriate word for this time of year. Its still relatively weak though definitely beginning to get considerably stronger but id argue its not strong till April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi peeps. So how's our snow chances looking? Cold with out snow is crap. I'm looking foreword to spring now, how ever if we were to get another good snow event i would be happy some how i can't c it.

Posted

hi peeps. So how's our snow chances looking? Cold with out snow is crap. I'm looking foreword to spring now, how ever if we were to get another good snow event i would be happy some how i can't c it.

could see a few snow grains, fri to sun, before a miserable wet day on monday, less cold/milder next week

Posted

Much prefered the 8-10C and sunshine we had to what we're having now. Oh well, we've had some good snow this winter so a few dull, dry and cold days shouldn't be too annoying.

Never mind February now. Looking forward to March into April. Hopefully all kinds of showers rattling through interuppted by weekends of bright sunshine and 15-20C.

Think I've said this every year since 2007...but a repeat of Easter 2007 would be perfect. More chance of 2008 with Easter being much earlier this year!

Posted

could see a few snow grains, fri to sun, before a miserable wet day on monday, less cold/milder next week

Where's the rain coming from? It's dry until the end of Feb — at least according to the ensembles.

http://www.wetterzen...chester_ens.png

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There have been some snow flurries around today whilst i was out on my lunch break. And its bitter out there already, dread to think how cold it will feel come tomorrow onwards.

Posted

Where's the rain coming from? It's dry until the end of Feb — at least according to the ensembles.

http://www.wetterzen...chester_ens.png

GFS 12Z still showing a miserable wet day on monday, at least dry today, little milder than yesterday

Posted

Just a quickie as at work Has it given any snow for the weekend I'm back home for sat sun x

Snow flurries for just about anywhere. I wouldn't plan on getting the toboggan out.

Posted

Main issue, being in the Mids is how cold it may get, Snow a bonus! Saturday 3pm onwards. Risky saying Monday too 6am+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yes it is still looking generally dry, dull and very cold for the rest of this week and the weekend. There will be some snow flurries around, more especially in the east, but nothing more than an icing sugar dusting at the very best - i would imagine most would stay dry though. The BBC forecasts are flirting with some heavier snow showers during Saturday, but its a long way off and to be honest i'm not getting overly excited about those prospects until closer the date (maybe see how it looks by Friday).

If I was to dare to look further there seems to be a higher scope for precipitation by early next week, but far more marginal for snow by this stage.

GFS 18z showing snowmageddon in FI for all of us - but its FI so as likely to come off as a pair of nuns knickers! (my apologies to any Catholics reading this).

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like some light snow for us in Falmouth on Friday morning. Would be really strange if here did and the Midlands never got any. :lol: But we wont be getting much either but strange all the same.

Dont really want the cold now though, more mild or warm temps please! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Been out today with the family up the likey hills just west of brum to those who do'nt know,

well what a lovely day and still snow up there in the shaded areas mind you, not really looking forward to the grey and the cold now after the sunny day that we had today

nice while it lastedcool.png

Lickey hills was very busy weekend location for us Brummies,,,,,,,,,Trams would run regular busy weekend services,,,,Dull grey and chilly here down in Dorset,

post-18298-0-90483000-1361442248_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted

Fields at last drying out and dogs quite clean after their walk. actually saw a tractor on a field yesterday, and it had its lights on as it was working at night. I imagine the sowing and planting is well behind, loads of fields still have stubble.

Posted

Grim again, no cloud breaks this far east, 3.3C max, feels chillier than the snowy days of Jan, with the dry air now

Posted

Yes, utterly horrendous insufferable conditions at the moment and it looks like this time next week still the same, would of hoped with the cold air we'd see clearer conditions but no such luck.

Posted

Quiet on here, considering raintoday shows snow flurries in parts of midlands, nothing here of course

Posted

Quiet on here, considering raintoday shows snow flurries in parts of midlands, nothing here of course

I have a feeling , although the radar is picking it up , Nothing is falling from the Sky , as I can't find a Snow Shower report anywhere. It must be evaporating in that dry air layer below it.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

Ghastly today, especially after the last few days. Late winter/early spring Easterlies are absolutely useless.

It wouldn't be if the High were further North and therefore the flow more unstable.

Posted

Dew point of -7.9°C on my station (link is not working for my site. Dam free hosting, 6 years ran things good on old server ) Rant over. Continental airmass Dry sad.png Air temp -0.9°c No ice scraper needed in the morning. Just the heater ;-)

edit -> its working again ?! always the way 12 hrs down time, post something noting its offline and it's back online lol!

Edited by LeeKay