Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Anybody looking outside now? I'm down at Gatwick Airport and its snowing quite nicely here. Settling on the grass at least. Radar is a surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I love cold weather but only when it is bright and sunny or snows properly. This is just depressing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

this is the crappest type of wintery weather cold no snow no sun it's hurried. Cold with out snow frost or sun is crap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

It's started snowing here, just a few big flakes, but definitely the white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I really fancy a day of constant moderate rain, anyone else enjoy that every so often? well id prefer it to this weather anyway

Not on your Nellie ,Staffordshire.

We need another 2 weeks of dry weather to allow the fields/gardens/golf courses(delete as appropriate) to dry out to enable them to be utilised again.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I really fancy a day of constant moderate rain, anyone else enjoy that every so often? well id prefer it to this weather anyway

You Joking? no way, that is the worst weather type ever, depressing, child of nadine was horrendous and unforgettable for wrong reasons as a weather event, 24-25th Sep '12

Posted

6th successive day with little or no sun, this weather is no good for anyone. Can't get a frost at night, can't warm up during the day, can 't get lying snow, it just feels depressing!

As well as the lack of sun, as a keen stargazer I've really noticed the lack of clear starry nights since last March. Apart from that week in late May, there never seems to have been more than the odd one here and there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

6th successive day with little or no sun, this weather is no good for anyone. Can't get a frost at night, can't warm up during the day, can 't get lying snow, it just feels depressing!

As well as the lack of sun, as a keen stargazer I've really noticed the lack of clear starry nights since last March. Apart from that week in late May, there never seems to have been more than the odd one here and there.

be worse tomorrow as an increased chance of rain, then cloudy all week, West midlands seems the cloudiest area off easterlies

Posted

be worse tomorrow as an increased chance of rain, then cloudy all week, West midlands seems the cloudiest area off easterlies

Yes it's funny how when easterlies are proper cold with convective snow showers, they magically die out over E Anglia, yet when all they bring is cloud it reaches all the way to Wales!

Posted

You Joking? no way, that is the worst weather type ever, depressing, child of nadine was horrendous and unforgettable for wrong reasons as a weather event, 24-25th Sep '12

id say dull and cold like today is way worse, at least something interesting is happening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Only 4 weeks until im back in Stourbridge for a 4 and a 1/2 weeks. :D

Weather has been quite dull here today and looks like being so all week sadly. Often the models have underdone the cloud amounts sadly. On a positive note Im pleased to have Philip Ozouf, the Treasury and Resources minister for Jersey following my new websites twitter feed for Cornwall and Channel Islands weather forecasts. Ive certainly enjoyed making them so far. Quick, easy and simple and manageable with the short spare time I have! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There is really not a lot to talk about this morning with the weather as the non-descript weather continues for the foreseeable future - but I will put up my forecast anyhow :) - this is based on the East Midlands but cannot see the weather being much different across the entire region. Not overly exciting, I await and hope for something more to talk about over the next few weeks.

High pressure to the north of the UK is keeping us under a feed of cool northeasterly winds which is bringing in a lot of cloud from the North Sea and keeping us feeling cold across the Midlands. There will be subtle differences in cloud amounts over the coming days and a slow rise in temperatures, although nothing particularly mild on the horizon.

Today starts cloudy with some pockets of drizzle and a moderate NE'ly breeze, making it feel rather raw. This is the way it will stay through the day with temperatures rising to a maximum of just 4c and further spells of drizzly rain for most. The winds will die down and so probably not feeling quite so cold as we go into the afternoon but any brightness today will be unlikely with dull and grey being the common weather type and hill fog likely over any high ground. Throughout tonight it remains cloudy with the odd spot of rain, but this keeps temperatures up at a minimum of 2c and prevents any frost.

Tomorrow starts as we finish today really with a lot of cloud, the odd spot of drizzle and a light NE'ly breeze. However, there looks to be a good chance of some brightness and eventually sunshine breaking through tomorrow from late morning onwards and with this it will feel a little less cold with temperatures rising to a maximum of 7c. In light winds this may feel fairly pleasant after the cold we have become used to over recent days. The clearer skies does though mean that temperatures will drop over tomorrow night with a widespread frost likely as temperatures drop to lows of -1c.

Thursday then looks dry with some brighter spells and sunshine at times but still with a lot of cloud, but by Friday it looks like we see a return of the cloud from the east as the NE'ly wind picks up a little once again. It does look to remain dry though and temperatures will hover just below the seasonal average at around 5-7c. Overnight there will be a ground frost where skies clear, this most likely on Wednesday night and Thursday night, with extensive cloud likely to prevent a frost after this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Tomorrow could be quite cruel, really... one bright, maybe even sunny day after this interminable gloom. But followed by... more interminable gloom. I'm looking forward to some beefy spring showers now -- at least they usually have some sunshine in between.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Bored with this weather now, bring on the spring, sick of seeing stunning model charts that never come off. just cold and dull for what seems like an eternity.

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It is getting rather tedious now isn't it? At this time of the year I find my attention turns to the months of April to September and thunderstorms. Meanwhile, its nice to get a mix through March of milder, sunny weather and big showers with the first big convective clouds of the year.

Posted

Amazing fact - parts of the Scottish Highlands were actually FOUR times warmer today than the West Midlands!

Under sunny skies, a maximum temp of 13c was recorded in NW Scotland earlier whereas here in Solihull we managed a piffling 3.2c at lunchtime.

I wonder when the last time was that happened? Not a common occurrence for sure.

Bish

Posted

Amazing fact - parts of the Scottish Highlands were actually FOUR times warmer today than the West Midlands!

Under sunny skies, a maximum temp of 13c was recorded in NW Scotland earlier whereas here in Solihull we managed a piffling 3.2c at lunchtime.

I wonder when the last time was that happened? Not a common occurrence for sure.

Bish

Scotland has generally been substantially warmer (by day) and sunnier than central England for the last 10 days. It's quite common when there's a high over the north, only highs aren't often found just to the north!

Posted

Shock horror, we have sunshine.

I know, i can see blue sky?? what witchcraft is this?? we should burn someone?!! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's a miracle! After many days of our region suffering the Telford Cloud disease, it's finally starting to recover from it. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hope the sunshine this afternoon is cheering some of you up!