Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dew point of -7.9°C on my station (link is not working for my site. Dam free hosting, 6 years ran things good on old server ) Rant over. Continental airmass Dry sad.png Air temp -0.9°c No ice scraper needed in the morning. Just the heater ;-)

edit -> its working again ?! always the way 12 hrs down time, post something noting its offline and it's back online lol!

-8.1C DP I see for you now.

Absolutely bitter here in Falmouth. Today was one of the first days I genuinely needed a coat for this winter!!! Of course its nearly over. Not bad going! :lol:

But the wind is perishing, by far the coldest ive experienced not only all winter but probably for some years imo.

Met Office still going for light snow here tomorrow morning in Fal.

Btw check out my new website as per the link in my signature for Cornwall weather. Would love some feedback. :D Still work in progress though. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The BBC/Met Office are going for the chance of slight accumulations overnight and tomorrow from light snow showers - with the mention of 2-5cm from the local forecast in the East Midlands (i think that is a bit optimistic though). Still, some of us could get to wake up to a pretty covering tomorrow - i would have thought counties such as Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire being the most likely for this - but with snow showers becoming more widespread it could happen pretty much anywhere.

My guess is anyone living close to the Lincolnshire Wolds could scrape 2cm, the rest of us will have anything from 0-1cm. I will have another look this evening to see if there has been any increase/decrease in potential. Certainly no significant snow though.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Apparently a few flakes falling at home too this morning.

Flurries here in Falmouth too. :D

Posted

Still light flakes here in leiceter!!nmm shows a streamer from the wash heading into the east midlands later this evening!!say around 10pm! LooKs light but you never know could get 2 or 3 cms out of it!!

Posted

Just when you thought snow couldn't get any lighter!

Also a few flakes flying around here today. The odd burst when it seems to be a bit more organised but never more than 10-20 seconds at a time.

Adds a bit of interest to this cold, grey, windy and static shocks weather!

Posted

snow grains falling in Nottingham most of the morning although nothing of note whatsoever. However potential for a surprise or two for us in the East overnight. Nothing substantial but a covering for some I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The lightest of snow falling here, Its ice cold though so anything of note would stick instantly, cant see anything though maybe a few flurries tomoz.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Been snowing like saw dust since late morning here, but in the last hour its just started to get that little bit heavier so im no longer straining my eyes to see it....

Got the feeling some people will get something of note at some stage this weekend..

Posted

Even had a snow flurry or two as far west as here which is almost the Welsh/English border

Posted

Very, very light snow on and off through the day. Sometimes only a couple of flakes every 20 seconds or so.

Same here, I had to stop my self from taking a picture of around 1/2 cm of snow granules that had stacked up against a fence lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc tv weather, looked snowy all day tomorrow, mainly for north and east midlands, looks like coming in from the wash area, not expected to amount to anything at low levels