Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Unbroken sunshine so far today here and now just a few very small Cu humilis developing.

Don't know what the temperature is as I'm at work. Lots of snow 'bones' and small snow patches lying around with little thawing in the shade due to a low dewpoint.

Always a sign, in my book, that there'll be another snowfall to fetch them. That's what my grandad used to tell me anyway!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Unbroken sunshine so far today here and now just a few very small Cu humilis developing.

Don't know what the temperature is as I'm at work. Lots of snow 'bones' and small snow patches lying around with little thawing in the shade due to a low dewpoint.

Always a sign, in my book, that there'll be another snowfall to fetch them. That's what my grandad used to tell me anyway!

I will go along with that TM, we can have snow well into April especially in our location as im very sure you're very well aware... so fingers crossed ! Still lot's of snow shadows left under the walls and hollows here, it will be interesting to see just how long they do last for.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Refreshing to see some posts actually discussing the weather in the midlands today as opposed to other off-topic 'shenanigans' best kept to private message!! wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Just went for a nice walk up clent hills beautiful day, nice crisp sunshine, feels warm also i wonder what next week will bring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

These are the kind of days I hope occur more of during the Spring and Summer - really nice to go for a walk or cycle in. :) Considering how soggy Summer was last year in general, I feel a warmer, drier, sunnier Summer is really overdue. I usually only really tend to prefer rain in Summer if it's rather heavy and/or comes in the form of showers, or thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cloud free skies again, early spring, 06Z seems decent, the 12Z's yesterday were awful, cold and grey for us, snowfest SE England

now I think trend is to kill off the easterly, which should mean, less if any snow for SE, and less cloud/more sun for us

Posted

FINALLY a glorious springlike sunny day here, the first since..well the first I can recall this year, perfect.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

Been a nice sunny day here with clear sky's, but feeling very chilly is the wind, max temp of 7.1c at 2pm, cooling off now as the sun is starting to set.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just been out for a brisk walk in the sunshine and it does feel like spring. I much prefer this to cold, cloudy and dull conditions. It is still winter yet though so certainly not thinking that we have seen the last of the snow, but as we get into March i do find myself looking for springlike conditions as opposed to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The general concensus (for snow) is looking better than yesterday with a slight shift northwards on the latest ECM bringing the higher risk of snow showers from the east, westwards in an E'ly/NE'ly flow to the south of the midlands (yesterday it was south coast), although currently the North Midlands would still miss out and remain mostly dry. However, if this trend continues then it is a knife edge scenario to bring snow for all of us come the end of this week/weekend. Cold is nailed now though, and it will feel bitterly cold from Wednesday onwards - back to gloves, scarves, hats, armour lol!

Danger is, this is still a long way off and just as there is scope for improvement there is also scope for downgrades. Still something to keep an eye on and still something to keep us all interested in the model output over the next few days.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We can safely say certainly the next 7 if not 10 days are going to be dry, chilly and deadly boring.

But hey its better than reading everywhere else whilst the Rugeley power station delivers you slushy wet nothingness. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

But hey its better than reading everywhere else whilst the Rugeley power station delivers you slushy wet nothingness. :lol:

Don't remind me, can't win either way. I might just move to Snowdonia.

Posted

We can safely say certainly the next 7 if not 10 days are going to be dry, chilly and deadly boring.

but could be a million times worse and wet! will have to pay for this with days of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

I'm off to Berlin later today until late Thursday and its looking like ill get one last cheeky snow event whilst I'm there :). It is looking cold in the midlands by Friday though?

Posted

I'm off to Berlin later today until late Thursday and its looking like ill get one last cheeky snow event whilst I'm there smile.png. It is looking cold in the midlands by Friday though?

Yep, cold but most probably dry as well.

Enjoy Berlin! :)

Bish

Posted

but could be a million times worse and wet! will have to pay for this with days of rain

At least that's an active form of weather. Looking out of your window to see Cloud or broken cloud for 7 days, whilst being absolutely freezing when leaving the house, is far worse. If it's summer time and hot it's fine, it's not in February.

Posted

Perfect. The dryness is most welcome. The fields and land here are still soaking wet and sodden, we need dry weather so farmers can actually get their tractors onto the fields.

Posted

Dry is fine, I dont mind it being dry. But at least sunny, or windy or something would be good. One a high note, it'l sort Walsall's pitch out and let it dry out a little which suits me fine after Saturday's debacle.

Posted

Quiet on here, last night my coldest of season at -6.0C, now -4.5C with freezing mist, strong Feb sun should burn this off