Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Jamie it's looking just above freezing for the day but sharp frosts at night and some snow showers so should show the beauty of Prague off well, it always looks its best in the snow. Try and check out the Alcohol Bar as it is called in the Jewish district. The biggest selection of cocktails I have ever seen, the recipe book looks like War and Peace.

Thank you :-) can't wait now! Will make the Alcohol Bar a priority! May need warming up a tad so I hope they're strong :))))

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Thank you :-) can't wait now! Will make the Alcohol Bar a priority! May need warming up a tad so I hope they're strong smile.png)))

The most bottles I've seen in one place since a BBC documentary about George Best.

Guest bjaykent

ECM 12Z doesn't look so good for cold lovers at the end of its run (Sunday week) as the 00Z was showing, to me. We're bound to get things chopping and changing though, so no need to worry. smile.png Anyway, I'm going to give model watching a miss until Monday or thereabouts now. The weekend (which has started for me now) looks useable, so I'm going to get out and enjoy it and not worry about what may or may not follow.biggrin.png

Wouldn't worry too much about the 240hr chart, looks like it will just renew the easterly flow as the low sinks south but as you say it is a long way off anyway. smile.png

Posted

ECM1-144.GIF?14-0

ECM0-144.GIF?14-0

ECM101-144.GIF?14-0

will pop in occasionally

due to personal reasons will not be on much

nice charts these drinks.gif

Hi John don't forget Family before Forum...hope things are ok don't worry about charts/fax's we can all cope without them, all the best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Had, a gander in mod, out thread, and once again the pessimist are sadly rearing. And although of course things may alter somewhat ,things may also, upgrade further, and from what im gathering, viewing and estimateing, upgrades, im thinking.with at worst contineation of current evolution.worry NOT....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Looking forward to developments over the weekend,hopefully a last stab at some snow?been a case of nice to look at but nothing of substance here this year.anyway champers drunk hic! and steak eaten must get off now ;) night zzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Had, a gander in mod, out thread, and once again the pessimist are sadly rearing. And although of course things may alter somewhat ,things may also, upgrade further, and from what im gathering, viewing and estimateing, upgrades, im thinking.with at worst contineation of current evolution.worry NOT....

It's only natural after everyone fell for that CME, but if I remember the met office MORGREPS model didn't pick that one up ever, it does agree with this one according to Ian F. But also there are some mildies who will always talk down an easterly too.

Guest bjaykent

I'm certainly not going to worry about it, as far as I can see the cold uppers reach the UK at 144 supported by both ECM & UKMO and not too far away of GFS. Once the cold arrives I will then worry about how long it will stay and whether it has any snow forecast. I think the ECM tonight shows the uncertainty in FI regarding the PV and where it might drop into the Atlantic, this obviously has a knock on effect onto where the high to our north will be placed - Scandi or Greenland. Until this is established can't see much point in speculating about the position of anything else be it cold or mild in FI. This is the time when it would be nice to be able to rely of GFS past 120hrs to back up the Euro models but unfortunately its poor performance so far this year means anything it shows would probably be disregarded anyway.

Overall I don't see the current block being whittled away in a few days of FI. My advice is Ignore the Mod thread mildies the cold is still coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Hope everything is/will be okay John.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I'm being extremely lazy - what's the latest in the mod thread - is cold and snowy conditions imminent ?

Perhaps not imminent, just a likely outcome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

ECM1-144.GIF?14-0

ECM0-144.GIF?14-0

ECM101-144.GIF?14-0

will pop in occasionally

due to personal reasons will not be on much

nice charts these drinks.gif

Sorry, but don't know how to PM. All the best JP hope all will be well. Take care fella. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Just to mirror other posts, hope all is OK JP, keep well.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Ive been away for a few days as my poor mum is in hospital with pnuemonia .Trying to chill now with a brandy or 2 ! Looks as thou we are in for another last blast of winter i see next week.Ive just been in mod thread wow help.gif ,i think i need another brandy ! I hope your ok JP ,All the best to you x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Hope you're ok John, I really value your posts on here :) x

I know we're still in winter/snow mode, but while we wait for that possible outcome, i was just wondering if anyone has heard of the start of any LRF's for Spring/Summer yet?! I wouldn't mind another fun snow event next week but after that I think I'll be hankering for some sunnier, milder spring days....hopefully!! Ta!x

Posted

Hope you're ok John, I really value your posts on here smile.png x

I know we're still in winter/snow mode, but while we wait for that possible outcome, i was just wondering if anyone has heard of the start of any LRF's for Spring/Summer yet?! I wouldn't mind another fun snow event next week but after that I think I'll be hankering for some sunnier, milder spring days....hopefully!! Ta!x

No sign of Spring or great warmth yet. JP's LRF a few months ago suggested that March will be a cold month. Snowy Easter anyone ph34r.png

Posted

Hello all

Thankyou for your concern

I promise I will let you know what has happened in a few days. It is a very sad time for me and need some time to come to grips with my loss

I do appreciate your kindness

Talk soon

John. X

Ive been away for a few days as my poor mum is in hospital with pnuemonia .Trying to chill now with a brandy or 2 ! Looks as thou we are in for another last blast of winter i see next week.Ive just been in mod thread wow help.gif ,i think i need another brandy ! I hope your ok JP ,All the best to you x

wishing your mum a speedy recovery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hello all

I promise I will let you know what has happened in a few days. It is a very sad time for me and need some time to come to grips with my loss

Talk soon

John. X

All the very best John, thinking of you and you have many friends on this forum, thinking of you.

Take care, stay strong.

Tom.

Posted

Hello all

Talk soon

John. X

Hi JP, Your friendship is so important to all of us here and we are here to support you as much as possible during this sad time.

With my sincere regards, Yamkin

Posted

I pray your mother makes a full recovery