Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The location of the high pressure will be crucial. I'm posting the thickness chart from the UKMO model 12Z + 144 - next Wednesday.

Lots of potential indeed, but I'm not going to get too excited / stressed by anything until next week. smile.png

NO!! i dont want any more cold weather!! It was nice today and made me book my holidays and look forward to warm sunshine blah blah blah.. Hope the models all bugger up with the forecast of cold weatherdiablo.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Personally I can't stand summer, don't like the sun, well summer to be more precise, so I hope we do have a beast from the east but I fear he has been too much of a tease this winter for my liking and I am getting a "boy that cried wolf" feeling, Still we all like different things but for me I never wish for a baking hot summer because I just don't like em!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well well well. Just as this heat wave is starting, another possible cold and snowy spell could happen. Can you 'Adam and Eve it'. Has winter one last sting its tail. I await the ECM with bated breath.... COM'ON give us a corker.... :-D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Ecm 12z ......could be shapping Epic run,,

Posted

-144and 850hpa minus -8,encroching, be good to see some deeper continental cooling, in latter frame..

Posted

ECM1-144.GIF?14-0

ECM0-144.GIF?14-0

ECM101-144.GIF?14-0

will pop in occasionally

due to personal reasons will not be on much

nice charts these drinks.gif

hope all is well...

Posted

Out to+ 168,and good signs, colddeepening somewhat, lets have -12 850,s over us......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well well well. Just as this heat wave is starting, another possible cold and snowy spell could happen. Can you 'Adam and Eve it'. Has winter one last sting its tail. I await the ECM with bated breath.... COM'ON give us a corker.... :-D

Yep it is a corker. Just seen the word BANK, and Steve Murr is on a roll. If this verifies next week GAME ON peeps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I just thought I'd interupt the cold posts to add my small moment of Spring joy on here. Lovely to ride to work in the mild sunshine this morning, despite the fact that the field I ride through was more like marshland than chalk downs. The temperature outside at work topped 10c today, although no-one wanted the door open which was a shame. It will be good to get some work done in the garden this weekend before the next snow fest:)

Posted

Well not epic, but most wiil take im sure,,snow potential,v, good...ecm, is v, consist, as again...

Posted

NO!! i dont want any more cold weather!! It was nice today and made me book my holidays and look forward to warm sunshine blah blah blah.. Hope the models all bugger up with the forecast of cold weatherdiablo.gif

Would some thundersnow off a nice ENE Change your mind?tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Off topic so I'll sit myself on the naughty step but it's nice to see the butcher's in Stony Stratford have a sense of humour....

post-10773-0-33049400-1360868551_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Well. Its sleeting in Gillingham. .. what kind of mild spell is this!!

Posted

Good evening all,

It's been a lovely day here (after the morning showers cleared up) but feeling a bit chilly now. I've noticed a Few BOOMs and BANKs on the mod thread but have no idea what is going on other than the charts are looking good! Fingers crossed for a last chance at dusting off the sledge before Spring.

When it's mentioned that the East will see snow showers, do they mean as far south as Kent or are the charts focusing more on northern eastern areas? :)

Posted

Good evening all,

It's been a lovely day here (after the morning showers cleared up) but feeling a bit chilly now. I've noticed a Few BOOMs and BANKs on the mod thread but have no idea what is going on other than the charts are looking good! Fingers crossed for a last chance at dusting off the sledge before Spring.

When it's mentioned that the East will see snow showers, do they mean as far south as Kent or are the charts focusing more on northern eastern areas? :)

to early for specifics,yet but looks v,good atm...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

If we see similar charts come sunday this place will be a rampfest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

ECM 12Z doesn't look so good for cold lovers at the end of its run (Sunday week) as the 00Z was showing, to me. We're bound to get things chopping and changing though, so no need to worry. smile.png Anyway, I'm going to give model watching a miss until Monday or thereabouts now. The weekend (which has started for me now) looks useable, so I'm going to get out and enjoy it and not worry about what may or may not follow.biggrin.png

Posted

If we see similar charts come sunday this place will be a rampfest!

that it will.:-)

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

I've just been having a look at the usually uber conservative (in terms of temperature extremes) intellicast web site and even they are going for maxima of 2 and snow showers for the back end of next week in my part of London suburbia.

Posted

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a lurker here- been reading and learning on here for about 8 years now but never feel brave enough to post because you guys are so knowledgeable and I don't want to look stupid!! Very interesting ECM and signs that GFS is on board too!! I'm not asking for a full in depth forecast but some advice really...

I'm off to Prague on Tuesday until Friday- romantic break and going to propose to my other half. I hoped and hoped that it would be a seasonal visit and it looks like I may have timed it well. BUT how cold am I looking at in Prague? I'm guessing it would be dry but can't really tell from the charts- after all this time! I would really appreciate some idea about what it might be like. Keep doing what you all do best- you're such a great bunch of talented people and I will continue to enjoy this site (and all the tears of joy and heartbreak!) for many years to come.

Cheers Jamie :-)

P.s did post this in model ramp discussion but v quiet in there!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

Jamie it's looking just above freezing for the day but sharp frosts at night and some snow showers so should show the beauty of Prague off well, it always looks its best in the snow. Try and check out the Alcohol Bar as it is called in the Jewish district. The biggest selection of cocktails I have ever seen, the recipe book looks like War and Peace.