Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Mornin! IT'S SNOWING!!! Only very lightly but it's real Snow,not that stupid Snizzle stuff.biggrin.png 1 deg.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Mornin! IT'S SNOWING!!! Only very lightly but it's real Snow,not that stupid Snizzle stuff.biggrin.png 1 deg.

you can see that on the radar, there is quite a sizable shower moving across you a the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Light snow again this morning with another small dusting on car and roof etc,

Only slight frost last night with -0.5c but still raw and dull outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Think been decided that we all have given up Sun and Blue skies for Lent,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Not a big fan of dirty 'Highs' why do they stick around longer, cloudy, cold and dull? I wish a northerly deep low would stick around for two weeks but we're lucky if it sticks around for a day, oh don't you just love the british weather.

On the plus side I have seen some trees in blossom so lets hope the sunny warm weathe ris just around the corner....Can't wait to forget about the weather this winter.....rubbish

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

March roars in like a lion so fierce,

The wind so cold it seems to pierce

The month rolls on and spring draws near,

March goes out like a lamb,so dear

Anyway thats the theory, and I'm sticking to it.......give_rose.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think they should make a fictional horror documentary style movie on what would happen if skies were endlessly grey forever and ever and ever....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Indoors or out,No one relaxes in March,that month of wind and taxes.The wind will presently disappear, the taxes will last all year...

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding that the cold is really getting in to me at the moment. Not been aware of it before, perhaps I'm just getting old.....rofl.gif

Posted

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding that the cold is really getting in to me at the moment. Not been aware of it before, perhaps I'm just getting old.....rofl.gif

Quote from my old Aunt [88 years old] " Trouble with the people nowadays, they don't wear suitable underwear" Now you know!!!!! good.gif Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Quote from my old Aunt [88 years old] " Trouble with the people nowadays, they don't wear suitable underwear" Now you know!!!!! good.gif

Liberty bodice or thermal vest???

Think you'd need both to save you from the wind which caused these....... http://imgur.com/ZwObYo8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting article in today's Metro newspaper;

post-12721-0-01731100-1361807002_thumb.j

Apologies for quick photo but at work so haven't got time to find article on Internet.

Cold and cloudy as expected here today.

Posted

Don't think so much the temps making people feel fed up, It's the grey leaden sky,,,,,

post-18298-0-58952800-1361809101_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted

The only difference to the weekend is that with the temperature being a little higher (3+c as opposed to 1.5c ish) the light

showers are of drizzle/sleet rather than snow.

So dull and depressing, at least with snow flurries falling it looks interesting!

Stayed up in Reading over weekend. Very cold, with some moderate snow showers on Saturday morning, which didn't settle, a few more snow showers Sunday am, which gave a covering which gradually thawed.

On leaving for home today, a bit less cold cold with some light rain showers/drizzle/

Posted

Well lovely grey & gloomy sky today, just for a change rolleyes.gif Not quite as cold as recent days though with a high of 6C after a minimum overnight of 2C.

Posted

Amazing it's been chilly for quite a few days the weather has fought vehemently and won, in most cases, by avoiding to drop even a decent sized snowflake.

Today the temperatures rose just that bit, i.e.. 3C and then what happened, it rained.

Oh what a winter...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Amazing it's been chilly for quite a few days the weather has fought vehemently and won, in most cases, by avoiding to drop even a decent sized snowflake.

Today the temperatures rose just that bit, i.e.. 3C and then what happened, it rained.

Oh what a winter...

My advice,take that winter hat of,wrap it up and place in a safe place for later use. Unwrap your spring summer hat and put on.Bingo, suddenly today is not so bad,the temp has gone up and also that little drop of rain will do wonders for the garden,and the best thing is we can all start dreaming of a lovely snowy winter.

Posted

My advice,take that winter hat of,wrap it up and place in a safe place for later use. Unwrap your spring summer hat and put on.Bingo, suddenly today is not so bad,the temp has gone up and also that little drop of rain will do wonders for the garden,and the best thing is we can all start dreaming of a lovely snowy winter.

I dont mind, cold, not so cold, whatever, it's when it's dreich that really get's my goat.

As for the rain I'm not bothered, it was just "so this winter" that for days it's fought to even drop a snowflake and yet just a minor rise in temp is enough to temp the rain.

As for dreaming, that's way too FI stuff, spring showers and summer storms are the next big hitter.

Posted

Weather persists in it's sulky mood,,,,,,,,,,But only 3 days of meteorological winter, 34 Days to clocks change and 32 Days to Good Friday,,,, Absolutely no guarantee weather will improve anytime soon,but nights getting lighter and at least rain will be warmer,,,,,,,,,Who knows might be good Easter? [Grockles delight]

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

I dont mind, cold, not so cold, whatever, it's when it's dreich that really get's my goat.

As for the rain I'm not bothered, it was just "so this winter" that for days it's fought to even drop a snowflake and yet just a minor rise in temp is enough to temp the rain.

As for dreaming, that's way too FI stuff, spring showers and summer storms are the next big hitter.

I meant next wintersmile.pngsmile.png